We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express vs. Hotel Estelar Blue

Which Medellin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 8
Holiday Inn Express vs. Hotel Estelar Blue

I am making arrangements for my father and a colleague who will be attending a conference in Medellin. Choosing between Holiday Inn Express and Hotel Estelar Blue. Looking at quality of hotel and location in particular. Rates of Holiday Inn Express are higher ($205 vs. $153). Any insight would be helpful.

3 replies to this topic
Medellin, Colombia
reviews: 21
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express vs. Hotel Estelar Blue

Hello

We are a Travel Agency Operator in Medellin, some times we provide the tourism service to the mayor office of Medellin for conventions and VIP visitors.

I will high recomend the Estelar Blue instead the Holliday Express, the hotel is only one block down from the Poblado Avenue where you are going to find all kind of bars, restaurants, shopping malls, juan valdez cafe, etc.

It is a quiet location because holiday is right in the avenue, as well the Estelar has a nice Milla de Oro Estellar you can check that option too.

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
reviews: 69
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express vs. Hotel Estelar Blue

I would choose the Estelar also, they are close to each other , i cant see paying $200/ night for the Holiday Inn,

The holiday inn is in mall complex with a number of restaurants and clubs - it will be louder.

new york
reviews: 8
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express vs. Hotel Estelar Blue

Thank you both your responses! This is why I LOVE tripadvisor - it never ceases to amaze me how there are always people who are willing to take time and give helpful advice (and it is extremely helpful).

Reply to: Holiday Inn Express vs. Hotel Estelar Blue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted