We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medellin, brief trip report

Which Medellin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 100
Medellin, brief trip report

Here's a short trip report after a one-week stay in Medellin.

First, thanks to CDY and playa4u for their personal recommendations. Also thanks to

Bicks_medellin for his forum contributions: reading them was helpful.

I thought that the e-book from David at Medellin Living was helpful and well worth

$9.95. Much better than Lonely Planet.

Really liked:

Hotel Medellin Royal

Guaro shots and dancing at bars on La 70. Very fun and social. Skip Parque Lleras, too touristy and not very special.

Son Havana on Thursday night, live salsa band.

Salsa lessons from Paola at Academia Baila Latino (about $25/hour, well worth it)

Botero statues in el Centro and his artwork in el Museo de Antioquia

Strolling around el Centro (in the daytime) and eating street food there

Cable car trip to Parque Arvi, riding the free bikes around

Also, two-day side trip to Jardin (supposedly a secret, shhhh), staying at Hotel

Valdivia Plaza on the square, la Trucheria (fish your own trout and they'll

fry it for your lunch), and pizza at Cafe Europa

Although Medellin seemed short on tourist attractions, the week was made excellent

by the variety of things to do.

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
reviews: 72
1. Re: Medellin, brief trip report

Glad you enjoyed Medellin, Hotel Royal on La 70?

I agree on Lleras, we would go there when i needed a gringo fix once a month or so, watch some NFL eat some decent pizza and get a 2for 1 magarita, all things i can do pretty much anywhere in the US but tough to do in Medellin outside of Poblado/ Lleras.

NY
reviews: 100
2. Re: Medellin, brief trip report

Sorry I didn't make it clear: Medellin Royal next to Santafe mall. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297478-d111652…

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
3. Re: Medellin, brief trip report

yes Jardin is a secret! not so much after letting the cat out of the bag... it was discovered... ;)

4. Re: Medellin, brief trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 27, 2014