We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Blanca?

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Playa Blanca?

My husband and I are going to Cartagena soon. We'd like to spend a couple of days at a nearby beach, and we're thinking about Playa Blanca on Isla de Baru.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

shrylsndbrg
1. Re: Playa Blanca?

Playa Blanca is a great place to go, but you have to make sure that you try to go to a private beach. There are areas open to the public and there are many vendors. The Agua hotel has a private area in Baru. They also have a Spa (The SPa service might not be open yet).

There are also individuals that have homes in the area and they rent their houses.

Good luck.http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i4136-The_Perfect_Cartagena_Getaway.html

Boston
reviews: 6
2. Re: Playa Blanca?

Playa Blanca was packed to the gills the second week of January. I've heard it's far more quiet other times of the year.

Boston
reviews: 6
3. Re: Playa Blanca?

One more note about Playa Blanca. Ask around about which boat is best to take there. I was aboard the Riviel, which had multiple problems and instead of coming home in an hour, took 4+ hours, limping all the way. IIt is always a bad sign when you see guys coming out of the engine room carrying "boat parts" and have worried looks on their faces. The very next day I noticed that it returned about two hours later than it was scheduled (I road past the docks every day into town) I think there is a benefit to using tour guides in Cartagena where the infrastructure is not 100 percent what you might expect. The Riviel was empty and all the other boats were full. That is a big fat clue that other people had heard something that we did not.

4. Re: Playa Blanca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 21, 2009