We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute travel to Cartanega Need help

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, California
reviews: 1
Last minute travel to Cartanega Need help

My wife and I want to go to Colombia on August from California. We are making a 10 day trip. We want to experience the beach and the city. Is it better to go towards the city first and stay couple of days in city and than stay near Isla Baru or rosorio. Or is it convenient enough to travel back and forth. Does anyone have suggestion on a affordable clean place to stay both the city and the beaches. Thanks

1 reply
Somerset, New Jersey
reviews: 31
1. Re: Last minute travel to Cartanega Need help

I'm no expert but we're going in June. From reviews I've read in planning, you're going for 10 days it seems it is best to stay in the city near the The Walled City mainly, then take a couple of days to stay at one of the Isla Baru resorts as a getaway. All boats seem to leave Isla Baru/Rosario Islands around 3:30ish pm so doesn't seem possible to stay on the islands and go to the city at night.

The top rated island resorts I've read are San Pedro de Majagua, Gente Del Mar, Isla Del Encanto and Royal Decamaron. We're only in Cartagena for 4 days so we'll be doing a day trip only to Isla Del Encanto. Where to stay in Cartagena seems to be based on prices. We're staying at a boutique hotel with great ratings right outside the Wall, very reasonably priced.. Hope that helps to start you off, I'm sure the experts can further assist. .

Reply to: Last minute travel to Cartanega Need help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted