We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Voorburg, The...
reviews: 8
From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

Any advice on transportation from Cartagena to National Park Tayrona?

What's the best way to get there? Bus or private car/driver?

Any fares available from your recent experiences?

Thank you.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
1. Re: From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

Buses are the cheapest form of travel from CTG - Parque Tayrona.If you take a bus - once in Santa Marta you will transfer to another bus - Parque Tayrona

Here's a recent thread on this topic >>>

tripadvisor.com/…37893063

Edited: 12:53 pm, May 03, 2012
Voorburg, The...
reviews: 8
2. Re: From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

Thank you so much men. This is really helpfull

Barranquilla...
reviews: 9
3. Re: From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

There are also some Vans that take you to Santa Marta, they go through a better road, shorter trip. You find them in Crespo neighborhood. The main ones are Marsol and Invertour but there are other godo ones

Barranquilla...
reviews: 9
4. Re: From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

Just read in another forum that Marsol travels directly to Tayrona in a door to door service. The price they gave there is of 65,000.oo pesos which is around 35 US$. It's more expensive (though I don't think much more) but it picks you at the hotel and leaves you at the entrance of the park. You have to call beforehand. They are normaly safe. I'm from Barranquilla and I use their service a lot for traveling to Santa Marta or Cartagena, when I don't feel like driving.

reviews: 2
5. Re: From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

My fiancé and I just took Marsol from Cartagena to Tayrona and back for 60,000 each way which took 6 hours and 7 hours respectively. Also, just know that "door-to-door" includes stopping at EVERY door of every passenger in the van with you so we spent ~60 mins winding through the streets of Barranquilla. If your fellow passengers don't know the exact address of their destination, you'll be along for the whole frustrating ride while they try to figure it out (just don't BE one of those passengers). You're also at the mercy of the driver's tastes in music and music volume so bring along your headphones.

6. Re: From Cartagena to National Park Tayrona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 09, 2014