We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogota? Tayrona?

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester...
reviews: 19
Bogota? Tayrona?

I will be in Columbia for a week in April- traveling solo- I fly into Bogota late on a Saturday and plan on staying there for the evening then flying directly to Cartagena in the morning-unless there are things in Bogota worth seeing? Also I plan on spending my time in the Cartagena area the rest of my trip until the next Saturday when I must return to Bogota for my trip home- Is it worth it for me to take my time away from the Cartagena area to visit Tayrona National Park? I understand it is a 4-5 hour bus ride and im a little anxiuos about sleeping in the park as a solo female traveler? any suggestions? I would love to see Tayrona but am just wondering about time and logistics?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bogota? Tayrona?

"... unless there are things in Bogota worth seeing?..."

Bogota is a massive city of 8,000,000+ people with an incredible arts and culture scene. You could spend your entire vacation there and barely scratch the surface.

"... Is it worth it for me to take my time away from the Cartagena area to visit Tayrona National Park?..."

That's a question only you can answer... Are you a city person or a nature person? If you love cities then Bogota and Cartagena will easily use up your short stay, if you love nature then the Park is lovely too.

"... I'm a little anxious about sleeping in the park as a solo female traveller..."

None of the the usual one-night tourist/backpacker accommodation is super remote or private, lots of other travellers nearby.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Bogota, Colombia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Bogota? Tayrona?

Sure worth it. It's an amazing place. I slept in a tent in the jungle for two nights. If i dont remember it wrong they have like two places where you can spend the night.

When I was there, like 4 yrs ago, there were alot of tourists.

Remember you need a yellow fever vacination to enter the park.

3. Re: Bogota? Tayrona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, June 18, 2013