We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight bookings

Which Yunnan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
reviews: 21
Flight bookings

A group of 8 are going to kunming in mid- october. Would prefer to fly to Lijiang or Shangrila.

Option1. Fly to Shangrila from kunming - train or bus to lijiang and fly back to kunming to catch a

flight from kunming back to malaysia.

Option 2 Fly to lijiang then train/bus to Shangrila then fly back to kunming from Shangrila to

malaysia.

Which is a better option? Also, flights one way is about US 500 one route, the earlier flights in May and June are cheaper. Should I buy now or wait? Which website should i book my flights?Psla dvise. Thanks

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
1. Re: Flight bookings

I would do option 1 to reduce possible risk to catch flight Kunming-Home, as number of flights back to Kunming from Shangri-La is too limited.

Malaysia
2. Re: Flight bookings

Thanks. Which website is good for flight bookings? Tried ctrip, too early to book flights for Oct.

How is the road ride from Shangrila to Lijiang? Good roads? Is it winding and steep?

Thanks again

Kunming, China
reviews: 412
3. Re: Flight bookings

Agree with option 1.

About twice as many flights per day from Lijiang to Kunming as from Diqing (the airport serving Shangri-La.)

Don't plan a tight connection in Kunming. China flights are often late.

Edited: 9:40 am, April 25, 2013
Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
4. Re: Flight bookings

ctrip is fine but travelzen.com does not charge an extra 3% for foreign credit cards. Too early to book for October.

Malaysia
5. Re: Flight bookings

Thank you very much for your concern and very helpful advice.

6. Re: Flight bookings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 27, 2014