We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnite tours out of Chengdu

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SINGAPORE
reviews: 8
overnite tours out of Chengdu

Hi, I will be in Chengdu fr 26 to 31 Dec. Interested in joining 2 or 3 day group tour to surrounding region eg Leshan/Emeishan,Jiuzhaigou.

Will be travelling alone.

Any recommendations on the tours or places to visit ? Are there daily departures for tours or is it only on weekends only ?

I need to book accomodation in Chengdu and plan what days to stay in the city.

Thanks

1. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:01 am, November 29, 2008
chengdu
2. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

I would say that, with a 2 or 3 day trip, trying to combine Leshan/Emei shan together with Juizhaigou - even with flights would be aweful hectic if not impossible. So much road travel.

For such a limited time - I advise that you either focus on the Emei/Leshan option - or try for a trip just to Juizhaigou.

SINGAPORE
3. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

Thank for replies. Yah, I would like to take things lesiurely. Probably the Leshan/Emeishan option for 2 days 1 nite but worried about the weather as it is winter. Will it snow and be slippery to go up ? and will hotels in Emeishan be heated ?

I am interested in joining the tours organised by company in Chengdu since i am travelling alone and want to keep cost done - would these leave daily during end Dec period or only on Sat or Sun ?

chengdu
4. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

At altitude there can be snow in December - but since Emei is a small mountain by Sichuan standards (3000m)- if there is any snow you'll probably only find it at the Golden Summit area. And indeed just bellow the Golden summit there is a small skiing area - but Im not sure how many weeks of the year they have enough snow to use this place. If you are nervous of the snow there are plenty of temples and other areas to explore lower down - but a bit of snow on the summit with crisp summer sunshine could make for a wonderful Emei visit.In this very developed tourist site - - I'm sure paths are cleaned and tended to make them safe during cold spells.

Dont worry about Snow at the Big Buddha it's far too low down, sitting where the Dadu and Minjiang rivers join forces - but in both locations it will be a bit nippy. Average winter temp.at Leshan is 7C - and as you go up Emei it's going to get colder. So make sure you take some warm clothing

As for hotels and heating - good hotels will have rooms that have air-con units that heat. But remember with hotels - especially when visiting out of season - bargain, bargain and bargain. We have stayed in decent Emei hotels for as little as 50RMB/night when the advertised price has been over 300RMB - but then it's my Chinese wife who secures this price, I'm afraid us foreigners are often charged way over the odds!!!

chengdu
5. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

duhhhhhhhhh - That was a good one in my last post about enjoying a December vist to Emei in crisp summer sunshine - change that season - so we get - crisp winter sunshine :))

As for finding an organsised tour well the best bet is to contact by e-mail places like Sim's Cozy Guesthouse - but December isn't a peak period so package tours that combine these areas and also suite your time-plan maybe difficult to find.

But since I've never joined package-tour in this direction I'm only guessing at this one.

Chengdu
6. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

Our Experience with Emeishan was that they did not clear the steps of ice. The solution was to use strap on grips for our shoes that were available for hire in the shop at the bus station below the peak.

Make sure you take several layers of clothing as the summit can be covered with freezing cloud.

SINGAPORE
7. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

Many thanks for advice.

I contacted Sim's but they are unable to advice on tour departures/cost at moment cos it is too early on.

Maybe if I can;t get a tour, I;ll make a try to go on my own with local public transport. I am thinking to go Leshan on Sun 28 Dec then to Emei and overnite there on Sun bef returning to Chengdu.

Will there be problem if I don;t book accomodation at Emei in advance ? Any recommendations where to stay for Emei ?

I normally book my reservations in advance for travel to avoid being stranded without place to stay but it seems like this may not be a problem ?

chengdu
8. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

No problems in Emei with non- booked late-arrival accomodation (even on weekends - especially during off season periods),since there are many many hotels of all kinds - concentrated at the bottom of the mountain. Indeed there's such a choice that it's quite feasible to look at a few, and decide which you like best with regard to price.

When you pre-book - you often forfeit the chance to bargain a cheeper price - and of course the opportunity to look the place over.

9. Re: overnite tours out of Chengdu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, October 14, 2009