We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

Tel Aviv, Israel
Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

Hello all,

Please let me know if my itinerary makes sense for my Jiuzhaigou-Huanglong trip :

day 1 - Arriving at Jiuzhaigou airport, staying at a hotel near the park.

day 2 - Jiuzhaigou park all day long. Staying at the same hotel.

day 3 - Bus from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong in the morning, see Huanglong for 5-6 hours and then go back to stay the night at Jiuzhaigou.

day 4 - Back to Chengdu.

Questions: Is there a decent place to stay closer to Huanglong on day 3 ? and if so, in case I'm taking a bus back to Chengdu, do I have to go back to Jiuzhaigou or can I catch the bus at Huanglong?

I'm asking because I couldn't find any places to stay close to Huanglong, so I thought it would be better to go back to Jiuzhaigou for the night and then catch the bus to Chengdu the next morning.

Any thoughts ?

Edited: 10:01 am, February 05, 2014
8 replies to this topic
Chengdu, China
1. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

Day 3,stay in Chuanzhusi or Songpan there are daily bus from these 2 places to Chengdu. Don't stay in a third place.

Huanglong

/I\

\I/

Jiuzhaigou -----> Chuanzhusi -----> Songpan----->Chengdu

Edited: 1:55 am, February 09, 2014
Chengdu, China
2. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

----------------------- Huanglong

-------------------------- I

------------------------airport I

Jiuzhaigou -----> Chuanzhusi -----> Songpan----->Chengdu

Tel Aviv, Israel
3. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

SW-China-Tourguide, thank you for your response.

On previous comment of yours, you said that it would be best to avoid staying at Chuanzhusi because of the altitude sickness. After two days in Jiuzhaigou should it be okay then ?

I also didn't understand what you meant by your latest message: is there a direct bus from Chuanzhusi to Chengdu or should I go first to Songpan ? (if you know the timetable it would be great)

Chengdu, China
4. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

On my previous post,I tried to draw a map for you to understand that the Chuanzhusi is located on the crossroad of Huanglong,Jiuzhaigou and Chengdu.

Jiuzhaigou- 80km - Chuanzhusi- 20km-Songpan-350km-Chengdu

Jiuzhaigou- 80km -Chuanzhusi-40km-Huanglong

Jiuzhaigou is the most comfortable places to stay,a lot of nicer hotels and low altitude,but it's 80km away from Chuanzhusi,if you stay in Jiuzhaigou you have to travel extral 80X2=160km,it takes about 3 hours in total for a safe driver there.

Chuanzhusi is very cold from Nov-Apr,most of the hotels closed at that time,people might get high altitude sick there(so far only one group of my clients had the problem,we drive from Chengdu). If you have no problem to sleep in JZG,then should be OK to sleep in Chuanzhusi the next day.But better to avoid sleeping in Chunzhusi for the first night especially if you arrive by flight.

Songpan is the most ideal place to sleep in your case.

Chengdu, China
5. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

For the bus timetable,I am not sure the exact time,but quite sure direct bus from both Chuanzhusi and Songpan,quite possibly at 7:30am. I am sure there should be more than one bus from Songpan daily,since it's a big town. Another advantage to stay in Songpan,there are a few guesthouses and Cafe there with English speaking staff.

Tel Aviv, Israel
6. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

Thank you very much !

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 20
7. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

SW-China-Tourguide, I'm planning the opposite route: going to Huanglong first. The plan is to go to Huanglong after flying in in the morning (from Xian), and then go to Jiuzhaigou for the night and stay for 2 more days and nights. Do you suggest taking the shuttle from the airport to Huanglong and then from Huanglong to Jiuzhaigou if that's available? If so, do the shuttles run frequently enough for us to get around. I couldn't figure out what to do with the luggage while visiting Huanglong either. Please advise. Thanks.

Edited: 3:36 pm, March 28, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 20
8. Re: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong

SW-China-Tourguide, I'm planning the opposite route: going to Huanglong first. The plan is to go to Huanglong after flying in in the morning (from Xian), and then go to Jiuzhaigou for the night and stay in Jiuzhagou for 2 more days. Do you suggest taking the shuttle from the airport to Huanglong and then from Huanglong to Jiuzhaigou if that's available? If so, do the shuttles run frequently enough for us to get around. I couldn't figure out what to do with the luggage while visiting Huanglong either. Please advise. Thanks.

Reply to: Trip to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted