We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Suzhou

Which Suzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 day in Suzhou

I will reach Suzhou at 8:30am. and will be leaving by 7pm train. I want to visit the following.

1) Lingring garden - I guess it is the Suzhou.

2) Zhouzhuang

I know it is 30 kilometers (18 miles) southeast of Suzhou and need to take Ferry Boat.

3)Tongli Town

I know it is 18 kilometers (11 miles) from Suzhou City. I read it costs around 100 RMB by taxi.

4)Humble Administrator's Garden (Zhuozheng Yuan) - I guess it is the Suzhou.

1) Is possible to cover all of it in the time I have? I want to take taxi wherever possible. If so in what order should I do it?

2) How much would it cost to go to Zhouzhuang by taxi?

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

Pg
reviews: 64
1. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

you can only have a good Tongli tour and a garden visit.

London, United...
2. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

Yes I did realise it after going through many posts. I would probably have to also include Sunday. Thanks for your reply.

San Diego...
reviews: 17
3. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

You can visit Lingering Garden and Humble Administrator's Garden in the morning, and then visit Tongli in the afternoon. If you have spare time after returning to Suzhou from Tongli, you can try to visit Tiger Hill (it may close by 5:00 p.m.). You cannot do much more than that in one day.

I think you will have to plan on spending a total of 300 to 400 RMB's for the taxis to do all that, if you can find taxi driver's willing to take you one-way to Tongli, and one-way back to Suzhou. Or you can just negotiate to have one taxi or private driver for the whole day for 400 to 500 RMB's--if you negotiate well.

Also, expect to pay 40 to 100 RMB's for the entrance fees for each of those locations, plus you'll spend money for meal and souvenir expenses.

Shanghai, China
reviews: 25
4. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

skip zhouzhuang since it is too touristy pls zhouzhuang and tongli are both water village and feels very similar.

recommend:

train station:

Humble Administrator's Garden, this one will get very crowded during the day time, so better to get there when it is just open.

lingering garden

then around 12;30-1pm head to tongli, around 40-50min. you can choose to have lunch either in suzhou or the small local restaurant next to the canal in Tongli.

and you must leave for suzhou from tongli around 5pm, no later than 5:15pm just in case any traffic jams.

better to hold the taxi with paying some extra (suzhou -tongli, then let driver wait, tongli - suzhou trian station)

Pg
reviews: 64
5. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

Kateebr,

take CuteMinMin's advise, a good one.

London, United...
6. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

Thank a lot everyone for your recommendations.I really appreciate it. I'll update you all tomorrow.

Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 4
7. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

Starting from Shanghai, it´s better to come back to Suzhou before travel back to Shanghai or go from Tongli right to Shanghai? I believe there is a direct link by bus to Shanghai from Tongli, do you know how long does it take?

Than you guys!

8. Re: 1 day in Suzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:24 am, June 12, 2013