We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbin ice festival

Which Harbin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Harbin ice festival

Hi, anyone know if harbin ice festival is open to public on 22nd dec onwards?

Singapore
1. Re: Harbin ice festival

Hi there,

Since 2004, Harbin Tourism Authority had moved the starting date of the Ice Festival 滨雪大世界 around the 20 Dec.

However, the actual big scale Ice & Snow Sculpture at Sun Island will not be already until say pass Christmas day. You can still head on down to Zhao Lin Garden (赵林公园) to see the mini scale ice carving.

Regards.

singapore
2. Re: Harbin ice festival

Oh ok.. tks for the info..

Do you know if snow does fall in beijing and harbin from 22 dec? Understand its freezing cold!

Singapore
3. Re: Harbin ice festival

The temp difference between Beijing and Harbin is typically about 10-12 Deg C. The estimated temp around 22 to 31 Dec in Beijing should be between -4 to -10 Deg C. Harbin should be -12 to -18 Deg C

As for snow fall. Can't really predict. It depends on how much moisture there in this coming winter For the past 6 years, there hasn't been much heavy snow fall in BJ & HRB. The chances for snow fall in HRB is higher than BJ. If you want to see snow, head on down to Yaboli ski resort which is about 2 hours away from HRB.

P/S: The winter gear that is available by Winter Time etc in Singapore are insufficient to prepare you for HRB. Do not waste money on cotton stuffed parka jackets!! Get down feather jackets. Long john is a must and must be of Khasmir wool quality. Don't forget woolen socks. You can get these stuff at Carrefour & Walmart supermarket in HRB. Reasonable price.

Have a good time!! Is really nice to see real snow compare with Snow City.

Shanghai, China
4. Re: Harbin ice festival

I've been to Harbin twice (Jan 2005 and Jan 2007), the 2nd time with a bunch of fellow Singaporean students. Look on my VirtualTourist Harbin Packing Lists travel page for tips on how to dress smart: members.virtualtourist.com/m/1d57/f8323/b/

As poster above has said, don't waste your money on winter clothing that only looks warm but isn't really practical. I've actually found Metersbonwe to be selling down coats for quite reasonable prices (when I last went back in August), and the quality/design is decent.

My long johns are cotton+lycra mix and they're pretty adequate, actually.

Look on Weather Underground for historical weather data: Harbin (wunderground.com/global/stations/50953.html) and Beijing (wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html)

Singapore
5. Re: Harbin ice festival

I have got a JV factory here in Harbin since 1997 and typically spent least 4-5 months per annum in Harbin. Would not dare to say I am an 'expert' about other Chinese cities but quiet confident about Harbin though.

6. Re: Harbin ice festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 01, 2009