We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December in Hainan

Which Sanya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yerevan
reviews: 3
December in Hainan

Hi,

I want to visit Hainan in the end of December, including the Christmas and New Year.

I am looking for swimming and sunbathing on beach, so as I wonder whether the sea is calm enough in that period of time? Any specific recommendations of a beach?

Another question - are there any kayaking places there?

Would appreciate any information! Thanks.

Hainan, China
1. Re: December in Hainan

Hi,

The sea is certainly calm enough for swimming and it will be warm enough to sunbathe. I suggest you head to Dadonghai beach. As for kayaking, this is not a popular sport with the Chinese and I've never come across it. The closest thing will be what they call "river drifting" which is a bit like rafting on inflatable boats. For that you'll have to head towards Wuzhishan, about 1 hour from Sanya.

Enjoy your trip!

Best Regards,

HainanFeilipu

2. Re: December in Hainan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, November 29, 2011
Haikou, China
3. Re: December in Hainan

Hi, Tamara,

For enjoying swimming and sunbatch on the beach, you can select Yalong Bay for a high class stay, and staying on Dadonghai beach would be a reasonable price.The 2 beaches all locates in Sanya.

If you wanna do rafting, you can go to Wuzhishan valley and WanquanRiver Valley, you will have a unforgettable experience there, do pay much more attention on your safety.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 895
4. Re: December in Hainan

The water is definitely calm inside the bays. I've seen lakes that have more wave action.

There are ocean kayaks and stand up paddle surf boards. You can find them at independent rental areas in Dadonghai. A resort may have them in Yalong too. Jet skis are all over the place as well as the big bikes with inflatable tires.

These are your winter surf spots for some wave action:

Shimei Bay

Riyue Bay

Ho-Hai Beach

"Matos"

I'd recommend a long board for Hainan.

5. Re: December in Hainan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, November 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sanya