We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Guizhou

Haifa, Israel
3 days in Guizhou

Hi,

We want to visit Guizhou villages before Longsheng rice terraces in Guangxi, we will be in China in April.

I read that we can fly to Guiyang, ride to the villages and then ride to Longsheng.

Is there transportation from the villages to Longsheng area ?

We have only 3 days (go to Longsheng in day 4), how long does it takes to get from place to place ? we don't want to be on the roads all the time

Can you recommend us an itinerary ?

8 replies to this topic
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
1. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

The under constructing express road is now able to reach Zhaoxing from Guiyang City within about 3 hrs. So you could go like this:

D 1 Guiyang - Zhaoxing

D 2 Zhaoxing - Congjiang (look into Biasha, overnight in Congjiang)

D 3 Chongjiang - Chengyang

D 4 Chengyang - Longhsheng

Note hiring a private car for such a trip costs you plenty of money.

Haifa, Israel
2. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

Thank you !

From Guiyang to Zhaoxing in 3 hours is also with a bus ?

Did you meant hiring a car with a driver or just a car that we will drive ?

In 3 days do you recommend travel with a driver and a guide or that we can do it alone ? (We are 2 couples)

Is there a bus from Chongjiang or Chengyang to Dazai (near Longhsheng) and how long does it takes ?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
3. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

From Guiyang to Zhaoxing in 3 hours is also with a bus ?

- - There are no regular bus yet to Zhaoxing. You need to hire a car and driver. People without Chinese driver license are not allowed any driving in China.

In 3 days do you recommend travel with a driver and a guide or that we can do it alone ? (We are 2 couples)

-- No doubt you (even for me) need a guide, a very good one who is competent and able to show you things of Guizhou side and those of Guangxi side as well. Most part of the region you travel is rural and you could get a mess of trouble of communicating with local people.

Is there a bus from Chongjiang or Chengyang to Dazai (near Longhsheng) and how long does it takes ?

---- Sorry, never, even Guilin hasn't regular direct bus to Dazhai or Pingan, the buses to Pingan you read in Internet are actually operated by some guesthouses of Pingan or Dazhai and only available in warm season.

Regular buses are available only between places below:

Congjiang - Sanjiang

Congjiang - Zhaoxing

Congjiang - Biasha

Sanijang - Chengyang

Sanjiang - Longsheng

Sanjiang - Guilin

Longsheng - Dazhai or Pingan

Longsheng - Guilin

Haifa, Israel
4. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

Thank you for the important information !!!

If we want to go from Congjiang to Longsheng by bus we need to take a bus from Congjiang to Sanjiang and from there to Longsheng ? Do you know how long does it takes ?

We are going to do our trip without a guide or a driver, only flights and buses (Huangshan (Anhui), a flight, maybe Guizhou, Longsheng, Yangshou, a flight and Beijing), if we want to rent a car with a driver and a guide only for 3 days in Guizhou where should we look for one ?

australia
5. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

Hi

As of last July there were only 2 buses a day from Conjiang to Shaoxing early morning around 8 am and at about 1.00 pm

There were buses to Gulin from Conjiang but only after 12.00 noon , about about 4 buses I think , coming from Guiyang I would think.

I believe you could buy a ticket to Longshen on these buses thereby

by passing Sanjiang

From Longshen there are buses to Ping An and Dazhai and again limited services

I am guessing its about 4/5 hours from Conjiang to Sanjiang as it is about 5 hours from Shaoxing to Sanjiang

From Sanjiang its about 1.5 hours or thereabouts to Longshen .

Its a lot to cover in such a short time , with mountainous winding not so good roads. Even along the river roads travel is slow , poor rroads and flood damaged from other years

You will be on the road all the time if you only allow 3 days to see this area and it warrants a lot more time . The area is fantastic

I would check with CITS in Guiyang re hiring a car etc.

Cheers

Cheers

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
6. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

> If we want to go from Congjiang to Longsheng by bus we need to take a bus from Congjiang to Sanjiang and from there to Longsheng ? Do you know how long does it takes ?

-- You need to change bus at Sanjiang. Time spend on road with bus: Congjiang-Sanjiang 2.5-3 hrs, Sanjiang - Longsheng town (not Pingan or Dazhai) 1.5 hr.

Note, bus from Congjiang arrives at Sanjiang's He Xi Bus Station, but bus to Longsheng starts from Sanjiang's He Dong Bus Station.

> if we want to rent a car with a driver and a guide only for 3 days in Guizhou where should we look for one ?

--- Please add more details about where you go. Guiyang, Congjiang, Zhaoxing are in Guizhou, but Sanjiang, Longsheng, Guilin, Yangshuo are in Guangxi. You don't go further into Guangxi to Sanjiang and Longsheng after visting Zhaoxing?

Edited: 4:57 am, January 31, 2012
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
7. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

OK, i get what you meant. You will hire car and guide in Guizhou section, and DIY enroute Sanjiang to Longsheng then to Guilin Yangshuo.

A contact list for you: CITS Kaili, Chinahighlights.com, Chinaodeysseytours.com, Chinaprivatetravel.com, they all do the business, just compare the price.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
8. Re: 3 days in Guizhou

Sakya, road condition Congjiang - Sanjiang - Longsheng - Guilin is renovated. Pretty good now! Before this it's a not less than 5 hrs tough bump from Sanjing to Congjiang, but the bad time is gone.

Reply to: 3 days in Guizhou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted