We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

Which Zhuhai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

Hi, me & 3 of my friends (Malaysian) will reach Macau on 25th Jan about 11am & planning to directly go to Zhuhai & stay for 2 nights. Just hope to get some info as below:-

1. Any clean and budget hotel recommended which very near to Gongbei border & Gongbei underground mall? My friend recommended me on Charming hotel at Zhuhai. Is this a budget hotel? What is the price ranging from?

2. We plan to shop at the Gongbei underground mall and buy some summer clothing. As January is winter season, is there any summer clothing we can buy during the time of our travel in January?

3. Is there any other places for shopping except Gongbei udnerground mall? We prefer somewhere which is near to our hotel and convenient which we can take bus to reach the places directly. If need to take bus, what is bus number and bus color should we take?

4. Beside shopping, we also hope to get a half day tour around Zhuhai. Can we get the half day tour from any hotel in Zhuhai?

Hope to get advice/help from you all soon.

Thank you.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

January will be cold, might be 10-15C.

Charming is not budget, its consider 1 of the best in Zhuhai, price is more than RMB600, depends on date. Budget, try Friendshp Hotel or L Hotel, both are near Gongbei.

January, no idea, was there February, selling all types of clothes, winter, summer.

Not much shopping area in Zhuhai, most are in Gongbei and Lianhua Road, near Gongbei.

I see a few travel agency around Gongbei or you can charter a car/van and go wherever you like, Guangzhou will be further, you can try Panyu, there's a famous circus and a theme park there.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 157
2. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

Zhuhai is shopping heaven. There are big malls in Jida & Xiangzhou, however before CNY I think most will be selling only winter clothes.

Agree with Raymond that Charming is 4 star. There are 2 L hotels, Jing Ye, Guo Tai etc. Just look at TA, any hotel in Gongbei area will be conveninet to the Macau border.

To get to the big mall at Jiuzhou Cheng take either #2 or K3 bus from the bus stop opposite Vanguard Mall on Yingbin Lu.

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

What is the currency used in Zhuhai? RMB?

We will be going to Hong Kong, Macau & Zhuhai. Do we need to change 3 different type of currency?

Malaysia
4. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

Hi all... Thank you very much for your reply.

Do there have any nice restaurant or food in Zhuhai for recommendation?

Thank you.

5. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:40 am, December 13, 2012
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 157
6. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

Macau is unusual in that HK$ are widely accepted, but in Zhuhai you will need RMB. If you have time it is a good idea to get out of the city area and try the local sea food eg on Qiao Dao. (K1 or K3 bus to Tangjia then taxi or #85 bus to the island).

Singapore, null...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

Hi I'm also interested in finding out more on shopping in Gongbei Underground mall... are the things on sale now mostly winter clothing?

Does anyone also know what time the mall closes?

Zhuhai, China
reviews: 4
8. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

Gongbei is selling mostly winter clothes at moment. You may find some summer stock but will have to hunt it down. Sales are beginning now so some good bargains and will probably be even better by end of month. The stalls open between 10 and 11am and are closing around 10. Each store is different.

9. Re: Zhuhai Weather & Shopping in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 10, 2014