We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

Which Zhuhai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 6
Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

Hi, we will be staying near Gongbei underground shopping mall for a night, then travel to Macau at 10am. So, need advise

1. if crossing Gongbei Custom is against the traffic at that time?

2. Or should I go take cab to the zhuhai port and take the ferry to Macau faster?

Btw, will be staying at Hotel Royal Macau then, so considering this, which is the prefered transport mode? If by Gongbei custom, which shuttle from Macau should I take to nearest Hotel Royal. If by ferry, which transport mode from Macau to Hotel Royal?

Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
reviews: 109
1. Re: Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

On a weekend or weekday? Weekday I would say you can be ok going via Gongbei Custom. On weekends i was already very unlucky. Even on weekends I would take a look at the queues first as you are close to the border.

Singapore
2. Re: Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

Tks for your prompt response!

It will be on a thurs morning 10am. Should not be a problem, right?

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 53
3. Re: Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

For me, i would queue at Gongbei customs, they have actually sorted out different lanes for different type of passport holders, assuming you holding singapore/international passport, or at least not PRC/Macau/HK passport.

After that, just take a cab/taxi to your hotel, less than HKD50. Hotel Royal website does show some shuttle services, but I dont think they have for Zhuhai border.

www.hotelroyal.com.mo/location/index.php

Singapore
4. Re: Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

I will have an lunch appointment at 12pm, Grand Lisboa, do u think I can make it if I cross custom at 10am? Or change apt to 12.30pm?

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 53
5. Re: Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

Have crossed the border few times, longest was on a sunday, which took me 1 hour, quickest on weekdays took me 30minutes. So we put an average of 45 minutes, then taxi to your hotel 15minutes, thats 11am. Check-in, unpack 30 minutes. Should be able to make it, but for safer, make it 12.30pm.

Singapore
6. Re: Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

Thanks for all your useful advise!! :)

7. Re: Ferry or Gongbei Custom to Macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, June 19, 2013