We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

Hey all,

Basically I want to travel from Hong Kong to Shenzhen in February 2007 for some shopping.

I'm living in Australia and this will be my first trip overseas.

Basically, I know you have to obtain a visa to go across the border into Shenzhen. Just wondering where do I obtain one in Australia?

I've never gotten a visa before so I don't know the process.

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 27
1. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

au.china-embassy.org/eng/ls/default.htm

You can apply in person or by mail("Only under special situations when you are unable to apply in person" ). You can also use a travel agent, especially those located in Chinatowns.

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

Thanks.

Is it possible to get a Visa at the border?

Thank you.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
3. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

I believe so, at the Lowu/Shenzhen border. do a search on here.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 11
4. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

AthlonXP,

Yes it is possible to get one on the border. Two reasons why I wouldn't.

[1] You'll skip a queue and a wait of possibly up to half an hour.

[2] The border visas are one-time, you may find you want to return (eg if you are having clotes tailored, for example), in which case a 5 day (? I think) will be a lot cheaper.

It may be slightly cheaper. in advance. There is a lot of detail specifically about getting a visa in OZ in some older threads, a search should find them quickly.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
5. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

>>The border visas are one-time, you may find you want to return

A regular visa is also single entry, unless you opt for the double entry which costs ~50% more than a single

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

Thank you for your reply.

I have decided to get a visa at the border. This is because it allows me to change my itinerary once I arrive in Hong Kong if I wish.

Thanks again.

Aussie living in...
7. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

Check out the website but I understood that you dont need a visa from HK to Shenzhen.

Speak to the people at the Chinese Embassy in Melbourne.

I came thru HK and Shenzhen in July and i thought that there was info about going to Sz for no more than 5 days, no need for a visa but speak to the embassy.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 65
8. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

Sorry heshan but you are incorrect. If you are travelling on an Australian passport and going into the Shenzhen SAR you will need to have either a Shenzhen only visa available at the border, or a pre-arranged Chinese visa.

The visa that you get at the border is a single entry visa only and costs around AU$35ish, can't recall how much it was in HK$.

vtt.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 157
9. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

A Shenzhen visa only allows you to visit the SEZ. You "can" be stopped at the border between Shenzhen & the rest of China if you try to travel further, although I take it you don't want to. The regular 30 day visa costs $A50 from the Chinese embassy in Canberra & takes 3 days (plus postage time)

10. Re: Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 25, 2009