We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MTR to Shangrila Hotel

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
MTR to Shangrila Hotel

Hi,

Need some advise. We have 2 adults, 2 kids (9 & 11 yo) and 1 elderly travelling from Hong Kong via MRT into Shenzhen for 1 night stay before moving over to Macau. We expect to carry 3 medium size luggage.

Questions:

1) Is it easy to get from the MTR station to Shangrila hotel with luggage? I am comparing Shangrila Futian vs Shangrila Luohu.

2) From Futian Shangrila, how easy is it for us to get to She Kou Port via MTR with luggage?

3) If we choose to travel to Shekou Port via taxi, do we need 1 or 2 taxi as we are a group of 5 (essentially 4 adults and 1 child)?

4) Will be it better to stay in Futian vs Luohu in terms of shopping/dining?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Christchurch, New...
reviews: 38
1. Re: MTR to Shangrila Hotel

1) Once you exit customs at Lowu The Shangrila Hotel is about 500m in front of you so an easy walk.

2) Not sure where the hotel is but once on the MTR it is easy to get to Shekou port, luggage is no problem just use the lifts.

Cant answer questions 3 and 4 but I think you will need 2 taxi's.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 167
2. Re: MTR to Shangrila Hotel

Taxis in China tend to be the smaller VW Jettas. I frequently take taxis with my colleagues and it is a big squash if we have to get 4 adults into one esp if one has a suitcase. Most of us only have carry-on luggage. With 3 suitcases I think you'll need 2 taxis.

BTW I don't think there is any shopoing around Futian -best to go for the Luohu Shangrila.

Singapore
3. Re: MTR to Shangrila Hotel

Thank you for the advices.

My concern is lugging the luggages on MTR to shekou port may be challenging if the trains are packed.

We will travel to Macau on a monday. What would be the non peak hrs to travel on MTR?

Shopping at Futian - I referred to the MTR Holiday e-book in the HK MTR website. Apparently there is a Link CIty underground shopping city that connects Exhibition center and shopping park stations. Yijing Central walk (has local & europeans brands such as Bershka), Galaxy Cocopark and Carrefoure are nearby as well. 24 hr hotpots Haidilao is at Futian too. Plenty of dining choice in this area.

Reply to: MTR to Shangrila Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted