We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HKIA to Dongmen Shenzhen

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Selangor...
HKIA to Dongmen Shenzhen

Hi can someone help me...i will arrive HKIA at 1930 from Kuala Lumpur. How to get transport to Dongmen Shenzhen by the same night? is it possible? my trip 5 adults and 1 children.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
1. Re: HKIA to Dongmen Shenzhen

Before advising on the transportation - do you have a visa to enter China? Or are you depending on the Visa on Arrival? Because that will dictate where you can enter Shenzhen. Not all ports issue VOA. Also - can you enter Hong Kong without visa (most visitors can, but not sure of your passport).

Kuala Selangor...
2. Re: HKIA to Dongmen Shenzhen

Yes, everything about visa all done in M'sia. What is the economical and easy transport to Dongmen Shenzhen

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
3. Re: HKIA to Dongmen Shenzhen

Okay. There are several ways. They have different costs and convenience levels.

#1) From like to take a ferry directly from HKIA to Shekou (Shenzhen). Then from Shekou, taxi or metro to your hotel.

Cost is high - HKD $220 for adults to Shekou, plus metro/taxi costs. People do that because this will save you from double immigration checks - for entering Hong Kong, and for exiting Hong Kong going to Shenzhen. You only enter Shenzhen with only one immigration check.

Personally I don't think this is an appealing option because of the high cost, ferry schedule is not that frequent (about once an hour), and from the Shekou port you still need to take a bit of time to reach Shenzhen centre.

Schedule here:

cksp.com.hk/jp/skypier/timetable/main.html

= = = = =

#2) Take a bus to Huanggang from the airport.

Huanggang is one of the border checks into Shenzhen. Price is HKD $100. There is a bus about once every 30 minutes. You cross the border there, and taxi for a short ride to your hotel.

Schedule info here:

www.hongkongairport.com/CBT/Itinerary…

= = = = =

There is one more, and may be the most economic route:

Take bus A43 from the airport to Sheung Shui MTR Station (alight mid-route), fare HKD $30.9. Then take the MTR for one stop, ride to Lo Wu Station, fare HKD $21.6. Cross the border to Shenzhen (Luo Hu). From there, metro to Dongmen. Very close. Just a few RMB for the fare.

A43 bus is about one every 20 minutes. MTR to Lo Wu is about one every 10 minutes I think.

Check bus info/route here:

http://www.kmb.hk/en/services/search.html

Check MTR info here:

www.mtr.com.hk/jplanner/flash_eng/index.php

Edited: 2:13 pm, October 13, 2013
Australia
reviews: 80
4. Re: HKIA to Dongmen Shenzhen

You can prebook a private car from HK to Shenzhen. We took the comfortable mini van from Shenzhen to HK and I will try and look for the company's card. The hotel we were in booked for us and charge a premium and the driver gave us the company card for next time. Then it will be like crossing the border from Singapore to Malaysia at JB, no need to get off - a smooth ride through. Try googling for the company. I visited in Aug 2013.

5. Re: HKIA to Dongmen Shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 15, 2014