We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HKIA > SZ late (after midnight)

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
HKIA > SZ late (after midnight)

Will be landing at HKIA around 11 PM next week and staying in SZ - I realise by the time I'm out of the airport the Lo Wu border will be closed - normally I take the A43 bus from airport to Sheung Shui then hop on the train to Lo Wu, obviously won't be able to do this with the border being closed already.

Can I just take a taxi to Lok Ma Chau and cross into SZ / Huanggang there? I guess will be approximately 1 AM by the time I reach there.

Are taxis easily available on the China side? My hotel is in Huaquiang area

Never used this crossing before ... was considering waiting around until the trains start at 6AM but I'd probably be too tired by then!

3 replies to this topic
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 157
1. Re: HKIA > SZ late (after midnight)

Can't help with the border crossing, but just to let you know that the whole of Huaqian Rd is closed to traffic while they dig yet another Metro line! Nightmare for taxis & locals. Cross streets are still open.

London, United...
2. Re: HKIA > SZ late (after midnight)

Thanks for the heads up - another Metro line? First time I went to SZ there was only one line if I remember right, and window to the world was the last stop.

Changes quickly!

USA
reviews: 1
3. Re: HKIA > SZ late (after midnight)

For the cheaper (yet effective) way, hop on a Hong Kong airport bus to Mong Kok/Prince Edward (in Kowloon) or Wan Chai (on HK island). These two places offer all-night buses to Huanggang in Futian district, the sole 24-hour border crossing.

Jonathan

buildingmybento.com

collaterallettuce.com

Reply to: HKIA > SZ late (after midnight)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted