We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip for shopping, where to go?

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
434 posts
1 review
Day trip for shopping, where to go?

Hi, my teenage daughter and I will be taking the MTR from Hong Kong to spend a day shopping in Shenzhen. We want to buy clothes, shoes, bags etc. We dont really want to buy knock offs or real high end, probably something in between. Good quality clothes etc and hopefully with good prices to go along with it! Can anyone suggest where to go, maybe department stores/malls or premium outlet places, real factory outlets maybe. Being first time to China, we are unsure of prices, quality and what its like. thank you.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
22,245 posts
212 reviews
1. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

In SZ pretty much all you will find are knock-offs in a popular place like LuoHu Commercial Centre, immediately after immigration at LuoHu. You will find high-end fashion in all the Malls, but why travel to China to pay higher prices and luxury goods tax!!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
179 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

Agree with zhuhai, only go shopping in Shenzhen if you want copies...sure, massage, manicure, but not worth the effort unless you go with a local

Melbourne, VIC
Level Contributor
272 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

I t all depends on how much you want to pay my wife and daughter have shopped both h.k. and shenzen last 4 holidays in sep and again this year,as you exit customs you will see multi-level shopping-centre to your right you will be approached by touts wanting to help you they are good at there job a polite no usually works but some may follow you just keep walking to s/centre it is made up of 5 levels each floor has lines of small shops you will see what you want many times if you are after thr latest bags or clothing most of the shops have the latest catalogs you can look through them and they will get a runner to get the item for you.bargain hard settle on 1/4 of starting price any other help you can e-mail me

Melbourne, VIC
Level Contributor
272 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

Hi wife said to take a tape measure with you when you go to shenzen to check sizes as there are not many changing rooms they cut there clothing very tignt in china .plus the pocket calculater so you can convert prices or just use your phone

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

I suggest you go to Dongmen which is off Laojie Station of their Metro station. The Metro station is just outside the immigration checkpoint. Very easy. It costs you RMB 2 to go to Laojie which is cheap. At Dongmen Walking Mall, there is where you can shop till you drop. They offer whole range of stuff from real to copies. I just came back from there. Happy shopping experience.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
161 reviews
6. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

I have been going to Shenzhen every year (except one) for the past 8 years. The Lowu shopping centre with over 700 shops is fantastic. Lots of everything. Send me a PM

7. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 pm, April 19, 2013
8. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
161 reviews
9. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

First, I would like to suggest you remove your email address and phone number. It is really not wise to have these available. This is why you can suggest/request personal messages (PM) to contact you for info that you might not want to publish on a public forum. Second, now that the RMB has a much higher exchange rate than the HKD, RMB is always requested. If you want to pay in HKD, the shop keeper will add on a percentage, which might or might not be in your favour. And you will not receive any change in HKD. Third, I would suggest to all travellers who would like to take back any sort of egg to check with their country's customs - our would have a fit!, Fourth, "sleek blue glass building" is a bit over the top for this tired, old building - although the toilets have been upgraded in the last couple of years. Fifth, NEVER accept a card for any of the shops until AFTER you have made your purchase. Otherwise the tout will follow you everywhere - even into the restaurant and to the toilet.

When were you there last?

Edited: 5:24 am, April 13, 2013
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
22,245 posts
212 reviews
10. Re: Day trip for shopping, where to go?

Dale, I also had a chuckle at "sleek blue glass"...