We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

macau to shenzhen

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
macau to shenzhen

hihi,

macau is very near zhuhai - just a border away.. was wondering whether shenzhen is that accessible?

qn 1) anyone pls advise me how can i go from macau to shenzhen? a ferry? and how long will it take me?

qn 2) does shenzhen has nice seafood like zhuhai?

qn 3) from shenzhen dongmen take train to hongkong nathan MTR, how long will it take?

thanks peepz~~ :)

41 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
21. Re: macau to shenzhen

I also found this transportation guide:

travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/…town-bus.htm

Especially the taxi information, can anyone located in ShenZhen advise if this information is updated and accurate and I can use for my travel next week?

I guess I will take taxi to the address because it is so far from Shekou ;_;

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau Region
reviews: 9
22. Re: macau to shenzhen

As you're heading for Bao'an, wouldn't it make more sense to catch a ferry to the Fuyong pier (near SZ airport)?

www.turbojet.com.hk/eng/schedule/prd_3.asp

Although the website calls it the "airport" ferry pier, unlike Skypier at HKIA the Fuyong one is not within the airport boundary, and has its own Immigration counters.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
reviews: 109
23. Re: macau to shenzhen

As this address is more in the west as far as I remember (sorry both baidu and google maps seem to be on strike), I am not sure if Fuyong will be an advantage. It may depend on the traffic situation.

Your questions:

1. From shekou ferry terminal, how would it be most recommended to travel to the address?

--> Taxi

2a. After visiting the above address, is it easy to get to shopping places like Dongmen, Luohu Commercial Center, Central Walk / Citi Plaza shopping malls?

--> Taxi, below one hour. Skip Central Walk and Citic Plaza if you cannot name me a specific reason. What are you after???

2b.For shopping I love to visit if there is a place that sells 原单brands from Japan.

Never seen such shops selling "over runs" of Japanese brands specifically. What brands are you after? You will find fakes and some call them A-fake from potentially the "original factory".

3. if I take Taxi, how should I watch out for prices?

-only use official taxis. They will use the meter. Meter price plus 4RMB fuel surcharge. Try to get a blue eTaxi and you will not have to pay the 4RMB, but an additional experience of a new electric car.

4. if I take MTR, is there tourist price or we just get tokens to buy train tickets?

-buy tokens at the machine. Locals use a re-chargeable card, but this does not make sense for just one or two journeys. MTR is cheap by the way..

5. Taking MTR is cheaper but will it take very long? As I only have day trip in Shen Zhen.

-if there is heavy traffic, it will be faster. It is very efficient. From Baoan you will need to take a taxi. I am afraid there is no MTR close to your place.

Appreciate your reply! :)

-welcome. :)

Singapore, Singapore
24. Re: macau to shenzhen

Hi Oisan & Cookie2011,

Thank you so much for your replies!

Because I am carrying some heavy gift back from Bao'an industrial area, so my most preferred trip would be:

- Macau -> Shekou (Ferry)

- I take MTR go shopping (Lou Hu, etc etc)

- then I take Taxi to Bao'An

- from Bao'An I take Taxi to Fuyong ("Shen Zhen airport ferry)

- Fuyong -> Macau

But I am not sure about Fuyong's ferry terminal and such. I am flying this Sunday I will see what I can find out to arrange the tickets. Otherwise I will cab back from Bao'An back to Shekou to ferry back to macau

Cookie2011, I have more questions:

1. is this taxi guide accurate - travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/…town-bus.htm

2. They did not mention about blue taxi, it must be a new thing! :) The guide only mentioned Red, Yellow and Green Taxi. Only Green Taxi can take to Bao'An <- am i correct?

3. For shopping, I want to buy ladies' fashion. I am 25 years old, I looking for young trendy clothes and shoes.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
25. Re: macau to shenzhen

You worry too much. I assume you speak Mandarin as you are from Singapore? You will not have any problem.

By the way, MTR is about one hour from Shekou to Luohu. It is a little faster if you change to line 1 at Windows of the World station. Line one brings you to Dongmen as well as Luohu Commercial Center.

The last ferry from "SZ airport" to Macau is only going at 6pm.

1. is this taxi guide accurate - travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/…town-bus.htm

-->I will not check the whole guide, but as they have the 4RMB fuel surcharge, they must have updated the page this year. What are you worried about??

2. They did not mention about blue taxi, it must be a new thing! :) The guide only mentioned Red, Yellow and Green Taxi. Only Green Taxi can take to Bao'An <- am i correct?

No. Red taxis can go to Baoan. Green taxis are only allowed to operate outside the Special Economic Zone border. Blue taxis are the electric version of the red taxis.

3. For shopping, I want to buy ladies' fashion. I am 25 years old, I looking for young trendy clothes and shoes.

Depends what you define as young and trendy. Dongmen is the area for Chinese young people. Luohu Commercial Center is more for fake Western products (some can be found at Dongmen as well). Citic Plaza and Central Walk are medium size shopping centers. Fashion brands are usually more expensive here than in SG (I go for shopping to SG, BK and HK of course). Coco Park, another shopping center, is close to Central Walk. It is now connected through and underground walkway. MixC is the most famous luxury brand shopping mall. A big one with not only luxury brands, but also UniQlo (at Dongmen as well), Hollister, H&M etc. A new mall, not far from MixC (same stop and again connected) is the KK mall at the KK100, Shenzhen's tallest building.

Where would you go to in Singapore for shopping and what is the difference you expect?

Edited: 6:58 am, May 18, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
26. Re: macau to shenzhen

Please kindly advise how can we go from Macau to ZhenZhen. We shall arrive Macau by plane at around

7.30 a.m. on 12/4/13 and want to go to ZhenZhen and come back in the evening. Please advise

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
27. Re: macau to shenzhen

Take the ferry to Shenzhen.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 171
28. Re: macau to shenzhen

BoonSinC, do you have a visa for China?

Canberra, Australia
29. Re: macau to shenzhen

Hi, we are planning to visit macau, hong kong and senzhen from 21/12 to 2/1/2014.

1) is it easier (visa, transport etc..)to fly into senzhen first and tour to hk & exit in macau or the reverse?

2) is this period considered high/peak?

3) is visa on arrival available to malaysian and australian?

Any advice is much appreciated

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
30. Re: macau to shenzhen

>> 1) is it easier (visa, transport etc..)to fly into senzhen first and tour to hk & exit in macau or the reverse? <<

Your issue #1 is Shenzhen visa on arrival is not issued at the airport, according to this article, provided that it is still current - and I believe it is.

travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/service.htm

Either get a China visa at home, or travel to Macau or Hong Kong and then Shenzhen - at one of those 4 ports (border crossings) listed.

Reply to: macau to shenzhen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted