We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jakarta
reviews: 4
Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

Friends, based on your experience is it more fun to shop at Stanley market or Ladies market or Lou Wu ? because I dont have much time to visit 3 of them all.

Thanks for your advice !

stev

hong kong
reviews: 165
1. Re: Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

The problem with Lo Wu is the pickpockets. If you lose your wallet, it won't be fun.

Stanley focuses on more tourist stuff while Ladies market has a wider selection.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
2. Re: Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

HAven't been to Lou Wu, so can't compare, but I found the Stanley market more pleasurable because the stall keepers were not as insistent as the Ladies' Market ones. Both my husband and I tried on many items at various Stanley market stalls but declined to buy due to not fitting/suiting us, and there were no hassles. However it seemed as if you just had to look hard at something in the Ladies' Market and the stall owner would drag you in and shove all sorts of things at you. (I ended up buying a silk top I wasn't particularly looking to buy just to get out of one stall!)

The Ladies' Market had a slightly different range of stuff, from memory, more luggage for isntance, while Stanley had more Manchester items- sheets and bed clothes, tablecloths, fancy cushion covers etc. I also thought the range of slightly dressier ladies' and men's clothing, especially in larger sizes, was better in Stanley. Ladies' Market was more T-shirts, belts, hair items etc.

Depends on what you're looking for and how good you are at fending off aggressive stall owners, I guess :-)

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 42
3. Re: Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

Lou Wo is more of an "experience" which I recommend you do at least once and things are much cheaper than in Hong Kong.

I personally do not go to Stanley as it is expensive, limited in choice and very "touristy" if you know what I mean

Temple St and Ladies market are more lively with easy acess from the MTR and plenty of good cheap eateries on hand.

Also there are plenty of shops nearby if you cant find what you want from the markets

Please note this is only my opinion and others will have differnt views on this

Melbourne
reviews: 134
4. Re: Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

Lowu (or Luohu) is a full day proposition so it will depend on the length of time you have on your holiday. I personally love Shenzhen and never miss a chance to go,the shopping is amazing however if this is your first time in HK I would certainly take the trip to Stanley. The bus trip up there is one of the most scenic. Try and do both if time allows.

jakarta
reviews: 4
5. Re: Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

Hi friends,

Thank you so much for the info. I'm thinking to "force" my schedule so I can visit all of them. Again, thanks really appreciated !

Rgds,

Stevani

Hong Kong
reviews: 2
6. Re: Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

I have lived in Hong Kong for 18 years and I would have to say value for money LoWu beats the other places hands down.

The bus ride to Stanley is very picturesque but I find that prices are overinflated.

The Ladies market is hot and crowded at this time of year and as they open after lunch you cant avoid the heat unless you go there at night.

Lowu can be accessed by the KCR train which takes you straight to the border.

Make sure that you purchase a first class ticket as you may find yourself standing all the way.

You need a full day to go there. Shops open at 10am and close around 7pm.

I go over every month and I have never had a problem with pickpockets. You just have to take the same precautions that you do anywhere in the world.

Ther are1500 shops located in the shopping centre but you will only mange to get through a few.

Lots of fake goods, some poorly made but others are extremely well made. Be prepared to bargain.Hope this helps. Shirley

7. Re: Stanley vs Ladies vs Lou Wu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 09, 2009