We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Andino

Which Punta Arenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 2
Club Andino

Hi everyone we are visiting Chile in November via a cruise and will spend a day in Punta Arenas. We would like to do some hiking and I have read that the trails at Club Andino have spectacular views....but I can't find any information about the distance from Punta Arenas and the best way to get there...can anyone help?

Are there any other suggestions about how we can spend our day?

Thanks!

Puerto Montt
1. Re: Club Andino

I can't really help with Club Andino, but since you will be on a tight schedule on a cruise ship I don't think you will have much time for hiking. Punta Arenas has some of the best colonial architecture in Chile - it does not suffer as much from earthquakes as the rest of the country. The city itself is quite nice and you could take a half day excursion to the penguin colonies nearby. Since there are no high mountains close to Puntas Arenas I'm not sure that there will be many "spectacular" hikes close by. Dress warmly, even in Summer it is cold down there!

2. Re: Club Andino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 24, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Punta Arenas