We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike to Three Towers in Torres del Paine

Which Puerto Natales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Hike to Three Towers in Torres del Paine

My husband and I are in our 60's and in good health and able to walk well. We are considering the 8 hour round trip hike to the three towers in Torres de Paine but heard that the last part is difficult. Any more info would be helpful.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
9,353 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Hike to Three Towers in Torres del Paine

The last bit is a moraine and can be difficult as there are both large boulders and smaller rocks. Having hiking poles helps a lot. I confess I did not make it to the top, but I think it is worth giving it a go if the weather looks good on the day.

Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Hike to Three Towers in Torres del Paine

I think if you're an experience trekker , it'll be ok. It does get very steep. If you're afraid of heights, I'm not sure I would recommend it. Walking sticks are helpful but I did see a lot of people without it (I had them for the entire trip).

We are both in our 30s and enjoy walking but am not experience trekkers . We were rushing to get to the sunrise and the hike up was a bit harder in the dark. But we made it (slowly, with breaks) . There were other hikers that had no problems.

The hike itself isn't too bad if you enjoy nature even if you don't make it to the Torres.

Best wishes! Cheers~

Edited: 11:42 pm, December 14, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Hike to Three Towers in Torres del Paine

I think that it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you are an experienced trekker. It can still be done, even without any experience, although you might to take a few more rest stops along the way. If you aren't rushing for the sunrise, then take things easy and take it the beautiful views! Enjoy yourselves!

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
799 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Hike to Three Towers in Torres del Paine

When you get to the actual boulder field , do not use poles. They can slide between the rocks and you can easily break something like an arm or leg. Have seen it happen a few times in other boulder fields.

5. Re: Hike to Three Towers in Torres del Paine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 20, 2015