We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

Which Antofagasta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette...
bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

Any information on cost/time for planes or buses to Iguazu Falls Argentina side? Mid January 2013 Specifics on buses would be great. thanks

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
1. Re: bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

You have posted in the Antofagasta, Chile forum. Do you want to get to Iguazú from Antofagasta or are you in the wrong forum?

Lafayette...
2. Re: bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

Well I am new to this so help me if I am doing it wrong.. I am trying to get from Antofagasta to Iguaza Falls on the Argentina side probably via bus. I have not been able to navigate bus web sites that would include this route. Thanks

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
3. Re: bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

That would be a long way by bus and I would look at flights. It is going to take 3 days or more by bus.

You could go Antofagasta to Santiago (13 hours), then Santiago to Buenos Airres (21 hours), then Buenos Aires to Iguazú (18 hours)

Or you could go Antofagasta to Santiago (13 hours), Santiago to Mendoza (7 hours aprox.), Mendoza to Cordoba (10 hours), Cordoba to Iguazú (21 hours).

Once you factor in some meals and overnight stays to break the trip, flying via Buenos Aires might me cheaper. Or price a flight for at least part of it.

Remember that from the 7th of January US passport holders must have paid an Argentine reciprocity fee online before entering the country at any point. From the 28th of December you have to pay online before boarding an international flight into either of BA's airports.

Edited: 3:00 pm, December 15, 2012
Lafayette...
4. Re: bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

Thank you very much. Can you recommend the best website for comparing/finding South America flights and the same for bus transport?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
5. Re: bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

Check LAN or Aerolineas Argentinas for the flights. There are other companies as well. A partial list of buses available in Argentina would be http://www.plataforma10.com. You can check turbus.cl for their bus times and availability but cannot book Chilean buses online.

Edited: 3:50 pm, December 15, 2012
6. Re: bus or plane to Iguazu Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 17, 2013