We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

events, volunteer oppotunities, teachers of Spanish

Which Antofagasta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
antofagasta, chile
events, volunteer oppotunities, teachers of Spanish

I am interested in eventts such as symphonies, cultural events.

I am also interested in volunteer positions

I would be interested in learning more Spanish

Is there an expatriate group from eg Canada, as there are so many mines here with Canadian investments

I am not sure this is within your profile, but whatever applies, please answer.

What do you mean not posting my pesonal address? on which site? I have already given that information to you--should I cancel it & give another address to prevent unwanted emails?

Antofagasta
1. Re: events, volunteer oppotunities, teachers of Spanish

Hi Carmen

As an Aussie living in Antofagasta I can tell you that any volunteer work will be gratefully accepted in any field (I work with street animals).

Yes there are symphonies and cultural event throughout the year and you can learn more spanish, but be warned many of the teachers here like to practice their english.

There is a small expat group that meets regularly but over Xmas most are off on vacations.

I cannot see your personal details so cannot drive you crazy filling up your emails so don't worry.

Cheers

Glenis

Antofagasta
2. Re: events, volunteer oppotunities, teachers of Spanish

Hi Carmen

As an Aussie living inAntofagasta you can volunteer to do anything in Antofagasta and it will be greatly appreciated.

There are plenty of spanishi teachers, but be careful they want to practice their english.

There are lots of cultural events and even an annual symphony thrown in which is of a very high standard.

And yes there's a shrinking expat group here that meet on a regular basis, though over Xmas most are vacation.

washington, dc
3. Re: events, volunteer oppotunities, teachers of Spanish

Hi, I am from the U.S. and have dear friends in Antofagasta. I will be comng this decembre-march (05-06). I am interested in finding volunteer work while there... any kind. My email is rosieinba@yahoo.com.ar, and I would greatly appreciate any insight into organizations/programs where I can get involved.

Brookline, MA, USA
4. Re: events, volunteer oppotunities, teachers of Spanish

I am considering working at a school in Antofagasta for the next two years. Could you please tell me a little about living there?

Additionally, would I be able to survive on about $1000 USD per month?

Thanks

5. Re: events, volunteer oppotunities, teachers of Spanish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 02, 2009