We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homeopathic Antimalarials

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Homeopathic Antimalarials

Has anyone tried Blue Turtle Group's homeopathics for malaria and dengue fever? I stumbled across their website on a google search and find their products quite interesting.

Boston
reviews: 24
1. Re: Homeopathic Antimalarials

There aren't any homeopathic treatments I should think for dengue fever since its a viral infection and there are no treatments for viral infections beyond reducing fever and keeping the patient in otherwise decent health while they fight the virus. Are you talking about preventing or curing? Again, probably anything might be a waste of time for dengue and the season is past for now for risk of infection (in Cambodia anyway) until rainy season comes back. As far as malaria concerns in Cambodia why not just practice good avoidance practices like long sleeves, avoiding stagnant pools of water, maybe some kind of spray? I tried a homeopathic lotion for general mosquito bites in the Virgin Islands last year and it did absolutely nothing. I do believe in some of them however and have been totally successful dealing with some perimenopause issues using a homeopathic so please dont' think I'm against them. If you do get something, make sure its not in a solid gel capsule because most of those don't break up in the stomach so you would be wasting your money. When in doubt, drop the gel capsule in vinegar- if it breaks up within 30 minutes, it will do so in your stomach too, otherwise, its goin' out the way it went in!

2. Re: Homeopathic Antimalarials

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 18, 2009