We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap in April.. how many days?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 25
Siem Reap in April.. how many days?

I know I know, this question is asked a million times, and I have read a lot of threads, but I'm still undecided and my husband is sick of discussing it!

We are traveling in mid April so it's going to be hot hot hot. We have three kids, the youngest is two, so temples will be kept to a minimum and we want to go out early and be back at hotel for lunch and an afternoon by the pool (Golden Banana).

Our first day we arrive at 8am and that day will just be checking in, having lunch, enjoying the pool, massage, early dinner etc.

Second day will be sunrise at Angkor Wat followed by Angkor Thom etc, back for lunch and pool for afternoon.

Third day up early and Beng Melea, hopefully back by lunch and spend afternoon in pool.

Day 4?

Day 5 - Leisurely breakfast, check out, bus at midday.

We are using Sok as a guide and will fit in a visit to his orphanage on one of the days. We don't want to do floating market, or too much else really given how hot it will be, the children will probably want to just hang around the pool and we just did three very very hectic weeks in Italy last year and this is a relaxing holiday, more relaxing than sightseeing.

So given all that.. would you spend a fourth day in Siem Reap, or add that fourth day to our beach days at Koh Rong and Otres?

Thanks for reading!

22 replies to this topic
reviews: 1
21. Re: Siem Reap in April.. how many days?

I wouldnt cut short your beach time just to spend new years in siem reap. Personally I love Sihanoukville, and as it is likely to be really hot in April you will probably enjoy the beach more. There will still be new years festivities in Sihanoukville, just not as big as Siem Reap.

Sydney
reviews: 25
22. Re: Siem Reap in April.. how many days?

Thanks

Reply to: Siem Reap in April.. how many days?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted