We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Tonle Sap Lake

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ningbo, China
The Tonle Sap Lake

Hey

still planing my trip and was wondering about the floating village lake tour near Siem Reap, is it better to take a real tour guide or an organize tour or I can make it on my own to see the floating villages and the floating forest?

and if I should take a tour guide, can any one recommend some one good? or a good tour?

will be happy to hear from you travelers :)

26 replies to this topic
Dublin, Tipperary...
21. Re: The Tonle Sap Lake

Hi Lenny, want to find out more about getting to Kompong Khleang. How do we private message?

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
22. Re: The Tonle Sap Lake

Click on the link of my nick name lennybruce to the left here under my profile foto. That will open the user profile page. Under the picture on the profile page you'll find a frame with the link "Send message." I'll keep an eye out for your message. Cheers!

Edited: 6:30 am, July 07, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 162
23. Re: The Tonle Sap Lake

If time permits, I would suggest a visit to the floating village in Prek Toal which is across to the other side of the Tonle Sap Lake. It is less touristy and you can find organised trips by NGOs such as Osmose

osmosetonlesap.net/www/english/prektoal.php

tripadvisor.com.sg/…REVIEWS

It helps also to contribute towards the development of the environment for the benefits of the community.

(P.S. I have been to Prek Toal though not with Osmose, it was an enriching experience).

Edited: 4:52 am, August 20, 2014
24. Re: The Tonle Sap Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 20, 2014

25. Re: The Tonle Sap Lake

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:07 am, August 20, 2014

26. Re: The Tonle Sap Lake

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 20, 2014

Reply to: The Tonle Sap Lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted