We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

siem reap newby

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, Australia
reviews: 23
siem reap newby

hi all.

first time in siem reap. i was wondering if someone could advise me on a 4 or 5 star hotel in a good location, ie resturants shopping massage places etc.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
reviews: 85
1. Re: siem reap newby

Upper lefthand bar, where it says "Siem Reap Hotels", "Things to do"., "Restaurants", click there, plenty of information...

Albany, Australia
2. Re: siem reap newby

well thanks thats very helpful.

Albany, Australia
3. Re: siem reap newby

sooo... any recent returns, that can recomend certain hotels in central areas that are in the thick of things?

i have read exstensively from trip advisor before any of my holidays for 8 or 9 years now, and while it is good preperation, i find that nothing beats advice from people just returning.

lewes uk
reviews: 121
4. Re: siem reap newby

Hi,

You want to be in areas like Sivutha Bld, Old market area, Wat Bo and Wat Damnak areas to be within walking distance of 'Pub St' and the centre of town. If you want 4 star boutique look at places like Shinta mani, FCC, Golden Banana Resort, Memoire d'Angkor. Larger properties like Victoria Angkor, Prince d'Angkor, Stueng Siem Reap hotel, Royal Crown and Somadevi Angkor would also suit, but there are plenty of choices centrally. Check out a few TA reviews for the above to get an idea of the style.

cheers

Albany, Australia
5. Re: siem reap newby

thanks Paul.

they all look and sound good. will be a tough choice.

we will go on to PP after 5 days in siem reap. we were thinking a taxi would be the best way to go, since it will take 5 hours and we can see a little of the country from the comfort of a car. does anyyone have any suggestions about drivers and prices? i hear around 60 bucks US is a fairly standard rate

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
reviews: 85
6. Re: siem reap newby

That's about right...

7. Re: siem reap newby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:58 am, March 13, 2013
Australia
reviews: 5
8. Re: siem reap newby

have personally stayed at Steung and found it very very good.

I will be there in a few weeks and staying again.

ask to be on the same side as the pool. as the Hotel is spread across two areas either side of a street

9. Re: siem reap newby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 16, 2014