We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Siem Reap now

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 3
Weather in Siem Reap now

Can anyone who had just returned from SR tell me what's the weather there like right now ? Someone said it's rainy. But I read in canbypublication that April is the hottest month of the year.

I just wanna get myself prepared. Will be there this week.

usa
1. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

it can change daily,i am not there but a friend is in siem reap now,she said its warm today,clear skies and pleasent breeze,yesterday was warm and small rain in afternoon,,the mornings are normally cooler so do temples in mornings than afternoons either in towm or the pool,

Wellington, New...
reviews: 43
2. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

Today it is about 35 degrees, fine and sunny. A very gentle breeze - nice.

Asia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

I live in Siem Reap, we have a thermometer outside our door, it's in the shade.

Today at 3:30 pm it was 38.5 C/101 F

Yesterday was 38 C/100 F

It's been at least 36 every day this past week except one.

Two days ago it rained for about thirty seconds. A few days before we had a decent shower of an hour or so. Rainy season doesn't really begin until May.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

thank you so much. it's kinda hot huh ?

Asia
reviews: 2
5. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

Nah, it cooled off a bit today, only 37 C/99 F...

Seattle,Washington...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

We were there 2 weeks ago and it was very warm and hummid. Do able for sure since we came from the snow where we live. Just stay at a hotel with pool to cool off. We loved the location and the swim up pool at the Somadevi Angkor Hotel. The breakfast and service was excellent!

sydney
reviews: 9
7. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

We just returned - 26.4.08. I found it was not as humid as I was expecting. Yes it is hot but I found with an umbrella around the temples and getting up and moving early. We met our guide at 5am for both days. We do come from Sydney so we are used to 35. We did hire a guide with an airconditioned car so we ended up doing one big day instead of two days to see the good temples. There are a few smaller ones that are not worth visiting. We did not intend to rush but found one big day did it for us. Next day we went out further to Bantre Srei and walked up to a waterfall a good 40 minutes walk but did it around 8am and it was fine. We are both 55 years old. You need lots of water though to keep replenishing.

Boston...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

I notice that many of the posters here are from warm climates. I'm from a cold northern climate, and found it pretty darn hot in Siem Reap when I was there 3 weeks ago. Daytime temps were in the high 30s and the humidity was around 80%.

All I can say is keep drinking that water: the first day I was there, touring the temples, I drank 2 litres by noon and did not need to go to the bathroom; that's how much I was sweating.

I was there for 4 days and found ways to cope--go to the temples at 5am and leave by midmorning, take an afternoon break by the pool, then go back again in the late afternoon, and drink plenty of water. But if I had it to do over again, I'd go at a different time of year; I think it would be more enjoyable.

9. Re: Weather in Siem Reap now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 26, 2009