We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FCC or Le Meridian

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 14
FCC or Le Meridian

I am visiting Siem Reap in august for 5 days. Unable to decide between FCC and Le Meridian. I like FCC's location and read a lot about their service but heard issues with noise (interconnecting doors and late night parties) but Le Meridian looks like its for the mass "coach tourists" though. We are 3 adults and the cost for the cheapest room at both locations is about the same. Any suggestions from your experience. Any hidden charges at either place ?

Sydney
1. Re: FCC or Le Meridian

When we were in Cambodia we stayed at Sunway hotel in Phnom Penh and Victoria Angkor Resort at Siem Reap both of them are good located, not sure if you already have a tour agent in Cambodia.....last year we used tour operator in Cambodia, and they arranged a great tour of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap for us. Excellent service provided helpful and very cheerful guides and drivers.

Best regards,

Bronagh

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 29
2. Re: FCC or Le Meridian

For me hands down FCC - as you say - great location and stylish place. LeM also strikes me as feeling out-of-the-way. I definitely prefer staying in town and walking around at night... enough tuk-tuk riding all day. :P

No hidden charges at FCC as far as I remember. Good value I think.

Reading/London UK
reviews: 22
3. Re: FCC or Le Meridian

We've just stayed at Le Meridien, and I couldn't fault the hotel. Certainly didn't notice coach loads of tourists, however it is off-peak.

We taxied into town and back, only a few minutes. But as you're staying for 5 days, you might prefer to not be reliant on transport to get into town ever evening.

We used Starwood points for our stay, but there were no hidden charges as far as I could tell.

The staff were unfailingly lovely. When we checked in, there was a bit of confusion as we've got married but my passport was still in my maiden name. We hadn't told them in advance that we were on honeymoon, but when we came back in the evening, during turndown, they'd put two intertwined hearts of rose petals on the bed, and left us a heart-shaped cake with 'happy honeymoon' iced on it. A lovely gesture, that they'd obviously had to arrange at the last minute.

Australia
reviews: 1
4. Re: FCC or Le Meridian

Hi, we have only returned this week from Cambodia and stayed at both FCC at Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Siem Reap accommodation was quite comfortable with excellent facilities including the restaurant and bar.Better atmosphere here than at some of the bigger hotels. We paid $150 a night for a ground floor room near the pool . Staff are fantastic. The surrounds were attractive with a great pool and plenty of lollabouts.Surprising it was little used.

The hotel is very central with most destinations walkable. There are plenty of supermarkets close by.

Pub Street where most restaurants and bars are located is 10 minutes easy walking or a $1 tuk tuk ride.

The location is extremely quiet with no noise from the bars, adjoining rooms or the pool.

Regards Dennis

5. Re: FCC or Le Meridian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 25, 2009