We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 32
Enough time

We arrive in Siem Reap @ 12:30 on a Thurs.

We already have our Visa's

We depart on Sunday @ 2:30

Does this give us enough time to

spend one full day @ Angkor?

take 1/2 day tour on Tonle Sap?

do a helicopter ride and an elephant ride?

see the old market?

get a massage @ the blind school?

see an Aspara dance performance?

shop in town and visit the market?

We are early risers so we are willing to start our day @ 6am or so

We also wanted to relax a bit by the pool (an hour each day)

lewes uk
reviews: 119
1. Re: Enough time

yes, that's plenty of time to do all of that. You should rise early to see the temples (of course you are not going to see all of them by any means) and concentrate on the small circuit temples, early means fewer visitors. Maybe buy your pass late afternoon on the thursday so you save a bit of time on Friday morning and try to get a hotel near the centre of town, it's quite compact, so you can walk to the markets etc. There are plenty of drivers around and the rates are mostly the same, ie $25 per day for an aircon car, $15 for a tut-tut, but if you need a good driver I can recommend one.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 29
2. Re: Enough time

It is a little quick, but better amount of time than some. IMHO, I would cut the half-day tour of Tonle Sap - I just think spending that precious time there is not as good as spending it exploring more temples and giving yourself a slower pace overall to soak everything in.

The shopping, markets, dances, etc should all be done at night - so as not to interfere with temple visits, which should be your prime activities.

I wonder if you think Angkor Wat is the only significant ruin - there are many many - in a few days you can at least hit the main ones and enjoy them at a slower pace. Here is a website of the various temples (with pics) to help your plan:

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srtemples.htm

This site also has good info about the park:

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srstarted.htm

and about Siem Reap in general:

www.canbypublications.com/siemreap/srhome.htm

NYC
reviews: 32
3. Re: Enough time

I could change my flight to leave Sunday night @ 7:30 to add another full day - I though that might be better

THANKS FOR THE FEEEDBACK!

4. Re: Enough time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 23, 2009