We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Newark international airport to Absecon NJ

Which Absecon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Traveling from Newark international airport to Absecon NJ

Oops lost everything I just wrote, pretty new to this you see. we will be travelling in June to Absecon new jersey, our flight arrives at Newark international airport from the UK and that means we have to find our way to absecon, now I wondered if it would be a good idea to hire a car and drive or get local transportation (have no clue about the transport system, first time in US) also not sure of how practical or affordable public transportation would be, family of five.

Would be grateful for any pointers

Ta

Work, Beach or...
reviews: 5
11. Re: Traveling from Newark international airport to Absecon NJ

You can rent the car right at Newark Airport, they have all the major rental companies on site. Try searching rates through Travelzoo, Travelocity, or Expedia. As for shopping, there is a nice outlet shopping area right in the heart of Atlantic City called The Walk. You can get more info (shops, directions, hours) at www.acoutlets.com.

12. Re: Traveling from Newark international airport to Absecon NJ

Thank you lovbeezes, and would the walk be short for the boardwalk?

Ta

Candygirl

Work, Beach or...
reviews: 5
13. Re: Traveling from Newark international airport to Absecon NJ

Yes, about 1 or 2 blocks. Just park in Bally's, Trump Plaza or Caesar's parking garage. You can also go to the Pier on the Boardwalk for more upscale shopping. They have a pretty neat water and light show all the way at the end and some really nice restaurants on the 3rd Floor. Everything is very close together, you will have no trouble finding your way around.

Claremont...
reviews: 76
14. Re: Traveling from Newark international airport to Absecon NJ

Candygirl, we're a family of 5 traveling from Newark to Abescon in April. We decided on renting a mini- van from Enterprise at the airport for 12 days around 700.00 (the best price thus far) we're using the car to do day trips to NYC and Philly area. I believe the best way to travel to the areas mentioned with this number of people. Then again we're so what familiar with the areas. I'll let you know how goes.

15. Re: Traveling from Newark international airport to Absecon NJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:26 am, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Absecon