We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 2 Ashland

Which Ashland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Catlin, Illinois
reviews: 102
Trip Report Part 2 Ashland

Part 1 Lincoln, NH (White Mountains)

Part 2 Ashland

Monday June 24: Today we are kayaking in Lake Winnipesaukee. Our group consists of my wife, 2 grown daughters and their husbands plus me.

We left Cold Springs Resort at 8 am for the short drive to Center Harbor. It was a nice sunny day. We drove through the woods, Holderness and by Sqam Lake. We arrived at Wild Meadow Canoe and Kayak and our kayaks were ready for us.

After our instructions, we put on our life vests and piled in our double kayaks. While the area around the lake is beautiful, I feel it is best to experience it on the water. We spent our time exploring the shore then the small islands that dot the lake. It was a great day to be on the lake. Now I wish I had taken a water proof camera for pictures.

We returned the kayaks before 1 pm and asked about a close place for lunch. We were told that the Mug was just down the street. It would be fine for us to leave our cars there.

We had a quick lunch at the Mug and drove back to Ashland. The son-in-laws had a 3 pm tee time at the golf course.

The rest of us went by to the condo and cleaned up. The guys got 9 holes in before the rain started. They waited it out and were able to finish their game after an hour wait.

The rest of us went on to dinner with out them. We decided to try The Farm south of Plymouth. I almost drove by it because it is an old farm house and barn. It was great Italian food at a good price. I can see why they were so busy on a Monday night.

The guys had dinner at the club house and met up with us at the condo. We all turned early because tomorrow will be a very long day.

Thank you for reading my trip report. You can view our travel pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/rwdwTA

You can read future parts of our New England Trip:

Part 3 Boston

Part 4 Cape Cod

Part 5 Plymouth, MA

Part 6 Ogunquit, ME

Part 7 Road Trips

4 replies to this topic
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
reviews: 118
1. Re: Trip Report Part 2 Ashland

As I've said elsewhere, I've been enjoying your trip reports. You covered a lot of ground, but at the same time, had sufficient time in each spot to get more than just a superficial taste. I like the way you did some activities as a large family group and others in smaller groups according to specific interests.

Hollis, New...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Trip Report Part 2 Ashland

Thanks for the reports. I'm glad you're enjoying my favorite part of the world.

Catlin, Illinois
reviews: 102
3. Re: Trip Report Part 2 Ashland

HiRoute128North,

We did a great deal of planning before the trip. Some of our weekend "conference calls" went 3 hours. Our goal was to have a family trip that met everyone's needs. I think we did that.

Hi Wpsaukee,

This was the first visit to New Hampshire and all of us had a wonderful time there.

Kittery, Maine
reviews: 43
4. Re: Trip Report Part 2 Ashland

Kayaking - great fun! Thanks for sharing your excellent vacation.

Reply to: Trip Report Part 2 Ashland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ashland