We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable/clean places to stay downtown Mpls

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WI
reviews: 37
Reasonable/clean places to stay downtown Mpls

Reasonable/clean/safe accomodations needed near downtown. Just need a place to sleep...not looking for lots of amenities. Thank!!

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 17
1. Re: Reasonable/clean places to stay downtown Mpls

Holiday Inn Express by the convention center

my aunt also got the Marriott Residence Inn by the depot for $55 via Priceline

Minneapolis...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Reasonable/clean places to stay downtown Mpls

If you need to be right downtown, I would agree with the Holiday Inn Express by the Convention Center. However, if you have transportation, there are three places I would suggest that are just west of downtown on I-394, literally about ten minutes from downtown.

There is another Holiday Inn Express in Golden Valley:

ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/mspwe…

Directly across the interstate in Saint Louis Park (I-394 is basically the border between Golden Valley and Saint Louis Park) are two properties:

TownePlace Suites

marriott.com/hotels/…

Spring Hill Suites

marriott.com/hotels/…

You can check reviews for all three here on Trip Advisor. In addition, there are quite a few places to eat nearby (mainly chains, such as Chili's, Olive Garden, etc.). Any one of these three places would be more reasonably priced than downtown hotels, so if you have a car at your disposal and ten minutes to get downtown, I would suggest one of these.

WI
reviews: 37
3. Re: Reasonable/clean places to stay downtown Mpls

Thanks! We do have a car. I will check these out!!!!

4. Re: Reasonable/clean places to stay downtown Mpls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Alexandria
Recent Conversations