We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Days Inn on Carpenter Rd as bad as they say it is?

Which Ann Arbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 11
Is the Days Inn on Carpenter Rd as bad as they say it is?

Ok, I booked this through Hotels(.)com because of the price. I figured I didn't need to much as I was just driving my kids up to camp.

Then I looked at the reviews here and now I am wondering if I just made a big mistake. The reviews were awful. So I am wondering if it is really that bad, or can I just make it through for two nights.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 11
1. Re: Is the Days Inn on Carpenter Rd as bad as they say it is?

Hi

I've stayed in Ann Arbor many times and at several different hotels. I've never stayed at the Days Inn, however from the outside it looks very scary and very nasty. I'd be afraid to even step foot in it. In fact, all the hotels in the Carpenter Rd - Washtenaw area look scary and nasty. It's just that "part" of town. If possible I would definately stay in the Briarwood Mall area - there are several hotel choices even a brand new Holiday Inn on Boardwalk.

Hope this helps :-)

Northville, Michigan
reviews: 3
2. Re: Is the Days Inn on Carpenter Rd as bad as they say it is?

just a couple miles north of that area, on US-23, there are hotels at the Plymouth Road exit that are decent...easy off, easy on US-23 Screen prices and see photos on expedia.com

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
reviews: 22
3. Re: Is the Days Inn on Carpenter Rd as bad as they say it is?

Webers Inn on Jackson Road is upscale and offers a discount if you are seeing someone at the UofM hospital. They don't check. Just tell them you are ther for an appointment. Might get a great rate. It is also on the west end of town and right off of I-94.

4. Re: Is the Days Inn on Carpenter Rd as bad as they say it is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 04, 2009