We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
reviews: 1
Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Im still undecided on hotels but I was just wondering fif nayone can give me some answsers to things I havent been able to pick up answers to throughout the forum...

At the above hotel, in the normal deluxe ocean view rooms do you get complimentry bits and bobs such as dressing gowns slippers shampoo, TV with english channels?

And how is food priced at this hotel, lunch and tea and things such as snacks? okay for fussy eaters!!?

Also I want to ask your opinions on having a balcony at this hotel or not... looking to go end June/July so I know its going to be hot so not sure if its really worth paying extra for it when you get an apparently fantastic view without it of the sea etc...

Any help!!

Thx

reviews: 23
1. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Loads and loads of resturants, prices on par with london.

from club sand to wagu beef to very arabic, you r call.

fab views and to hot to sit outside in june/july, room will steam up.

Balcony rooms are on lower floors.

hotel products are very good and i think complimentary suntan stuff as well. worth paying the extra for club as you get snacks and drinks incl alcholic drinls and fast tracked through airport to hotel.

A very good and popular hotel, a huge hotel.

Rossendale Lancs
reviews: 3
2. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Hello Mrs - I see no one is replying to this post so I will, but im not much use as I havnt stayed here only visitied it quite a few times to eat in the Tex Mex Restaurant. Latty will probably know the answers to your questions. I would think all the hotels do the complimentarys, and would you want to go out on the balcony in that heat, I couldnt stand more than 10 minutes and that was October. I like this hotel but I think its a bit glitzy, it always seems full of kids when I go and I dont go in school hols, it may be because its geared for kiddies, I escape to the peace of the Royal Meridien, last October when we were having a coffee in the hotel, one lady fell in the lobby on those lovely tiles and banged her head, and a chap belted his kid around the head for running around. Oh for the peace of the Meridien. These are only my opinions not everyone elses - so come on folks come on down.....

Douglas, United...
3. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Hi BristolBlonde,

Yes, you get all the usual complimentary bits and bobs, even down to an SPF15 tube of lip balm, and my personal favourite, Godiva chocolates on your pillow each night.

Food we found to be normal London prices and as there is an extensive range of restaurants in the hotel itself and a short buggy ride away in the sister Madinat resort you shouldn't struggle to find something you fancy.

Personally I wouldn't plump for the balcony. I've never been in one myself but hear that the view (definitely fantastic!) is restricted. If I want to sit outside I just go down in the lift...

If you have the "spare" cash consider upgrading to executive club - you get access to a separate pool, happy hours and complimentary afternoon tea as well as complimentary meet and greet from the airport. You also get rooms on higher floors i.e. better view.

Sam & Si

Bristol
4. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Hey, thanks for your replies so far..

Jill I notice you mentioned you stay at LRM, this was my other choice of hotel and a little cheaper in price for a club room.

Would you be able to give me the down low on LRM, as I have gone through several reviews but am still undecided... does the same go for LRM as for gowns, slippers etc... How are the bathrooms? Is the shower and bath together?

Obviously I know there is a lot of construction going on in Dubai, and from what I read wont distrub us but do you know of anything being done in LRM this year which may be out of bounds?!

ooo and one last thing... the private beach...? how is it? Soooo many questions!! Im sorry!!

Thanks again

Lucy

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
5. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Now you see that what makes this forum. Sharon suggested you look at the JBH and you won't be disappointed with either.

Everyone has a different opinion and you could end up even more confused.

So here's where the fun starts - if it was me I'd go for the Royal Meridien. I think the grounds are nicer there.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 18
6. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Im with Latimer on this one, as I would also go to LRM over JBH. To many little darlings running around (wild) in JBH for my likeing.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
7. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

I'm biased bcoz I have stayed in the JBH 6 times. I love the view from the hotel room overlooking the Burj. Our first stay was in a room with a balcony, but our other stays have always been in a room without. The balconies are very small & in June/July it will be too hot to sit outside.

Bristol
8. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Haha.. thanks guys!

I love the look of both hotels so obviously is a hard decision but LRM was my first choice in the beginning and I even though I dont mind lil kiddies running about at the same time it would be nice without it!!

Im thinking I go with my gut feeling and do LRM.... Should I go Club room ye??

Thanks again!

Lucy

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 18
9. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

It really depends on how much you are going to drink in the 2 hours you get each evening. I personally dont bother with it as during 6-8pm I like to stay outside around the pool/bar then go to room get ready maybe eat and then go out about half past nineish. The decent bars dont get busy until after half past ten.

If you like afternoon tea etc then it maybe worth it but I find it a hassle getting changed to go to the exec lounge just for tea and cakes.

So its not for me but others on here like it, I guess its personal choice.

Bristol
10. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel....

Thanks Hannah

Well this is where I need the help. Me and my partner are not both big drinkers and Im not sure whether I would benefit from it or not..

Is there tea and coffee in the normal Deluxe Sea View rooms? Is this the type of room you usually stay in?

Whats the difference between normal Deluxe Sea View and Club rooms is there more complimentary bits or a bigger room??

Lucy