We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperture in Dubai in August/July

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Temperture in Dubai in August/July

I am thinking of going to dubai in the summer july / august but am worried that it will be too hot, i like the heat and it am not bothered however my mum and dad are thinking of coming with us and are concerned, any one got any thoughts

Bangor, United...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

Hi Caroline

It is very hot and humid during our summer months.

We were in Dubai in September last year and it was practically unbearable 39C and about 90% humidity which ofcourse is the killer.

If you are just in and out of taxis it is fine but far too hot to walk anywhere.

I believe July and august are even warmer!!!!!!

Hope this helps

molly

Boston...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

Some like it hot but can you stand the humidity? The humidity is a killer which makes it really uncomfortable to be outdoors more than 10 minutes. Go on cooler months...you will enjoy Dubai more. Besides the aircons indoors are turn up full blast in the summer time and than you need a sweater to take along always.

Remember how the bad witch died in the 'Wizard of Oz'...well if feels like your melting in the heat that is almost 50 degrees celcius.

HERE AND THERE
3. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

July and August are I would think unbearable.

I wouldn't like to have to spend most of the time indoors with air con.

Even too humid to eat out at night I've heard.

You will get some amazingly cheap deals though probably for this reason.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 14
4. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

As Dirham says it can be unbearably hot and you certainly cant eat outside, however I go every year in august as do a few others who use this forum and its never stopped me yet.

During the day temps in excess of 50 c are common its the 100% humidity that bothers most people.

Officially the temps never get above 50 because if they do the labourers working on the building sites are allowed to stop working hence why it never happens.

I think only they will know if they can cope with the heat when they get there.

As a comparison its far hotter than anything ive experienced in greece or cyprus in august.

Sheffield
reviews: 38
5. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

Hi there,

We stayed at Jumeirah beach last August and are going again in July this year. Yes the temperatures are high 45-50 degrees and the sea offers no respite at 35 degrees but if you have a dip in the pool( many of which are specially chilled) or go under a shower every so often it's tolerable.

We've been to places as hot....Egypt, Cyprus but as everyone says the humidity can be severe altho' last August we had a few days where for whatever reason the humidity was low.

Of course the BIG advantage of going to Dubai in July /August is that you can book 5 star plus hotels at very competitive prices...as it's hot it is a less busy period for the hotels. We pay about the same as going to Cyprus in a 4 star hotel when in Dubai we get a 5 star hotel with top notch service.

One thing i would say however is that July/ August are in my opinion a bit too hot /humid for really young children.

Go on get it booked and ENJOY.

Dubai
reviews: 4
6. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

If I had a choice I would definitely not come here in July or August as it's far too hot to enjoy being here. Most people who live here flee back to their home countries to avoid the oppressive heat and humidity. On the positive side, however, the malls are still very cool, ski dubai is very popular then and the traffic is definitely lighter as most people are out of town!

England
reviews: 10
7. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

We went last August and Plan to go again in August. One thing that we really noticed. Nobody burnt. I think it must be because the air is so moist. So for us we found that great.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 26
8. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

It's not nothing to do with the air being moist - it's the fact that you can't bear to stay in the full glare of the sun for more than about 10 minutes without some protection, preferably factor 50 and a shady sunbed

North East England
reviews: 10
9. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

We went the August Bank holiday last year for 5 days and would go back again at this time of year. Yes it was very very hot and I suppose being the first time we were in and out of malls quite a lot of the time but the hotel pool was very refreshing. It hasn't put me off going August!

Wellington, New...
reviews: 25
10. Re: Temperture in Dubai in August/July

How about the June temps. We will be there June 12