We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 3
The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Decided on this hotel and will be booking in the next few days. Can anyone give any examples of drink prices in the hotel. Beer and whiskey and american...thanks.

Broxburn, UK
reviews: 4
1. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

We just returned from Jumeirah Beach hotel 2 weeks ago but cannot remember prices off hand. I probably have receipts lying around somewhere in my case so if I find them I will let you know. I know they are more expensive than home. Are you staying in the higher category rooms? If so, in the lounge for these guests only,all drinks are free (champagne included) from 5pm until 7 pm. If you need any more info then I will be pleased to help. maryjo

London, England
2. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

thanks Maryjo for your reply.....it will be the "normal" deluxe rooms at this stage. Hope you had a nice holiday whilst you were there. If you get the chance in between doing the dreaded post holiday washing and ironing, just wondering if you saw/heard how good the kids clubs were? and is there a shopping mall/centre nearby that you could get to easliy? many thanks for your info and time...Lara Evans

Derbyshire, England
3. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Lara

Drinks aren't cheap, I'd say they are "London " prices, ��3.50 a pint and around ��4.50 for my G&T. Watch out for the happy hour at the Dhow & Anchor pub off the lobby they are usually are half price. If you want to be frugal pick up a bottle at the duty free on the way in at Dubai airport, mixers , coke, etc can be got from a small beach shop about 500yds left outside the hotel towards town.

The kids club is great, they have their own heavily supervised and shaded pool, the breakfast restaurant has a childrens area.

Malls are plentifull, the nearest is 10mins away, I think its called Mercato and the free hotel shuttle bus will take you there, get a timetable from reception, they go all over the place. There's a food court there so if the kids need a Mac or KFC fix you'll be ok.

Our favorite Mall is City Centre Mall, again take the shuttle bus, if you want to come back before the next bus its about ��6 in a taxi.

Anything else you want, please ask, were back again in 4 weeks.

Chris&Sue

London, England
4. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Chris& Sue,

Thanks a million for your post. These are the answers I was itching to find out.....glad to hear about the shop's being so close and sad I know but very happy to hear son will be able to get his MacDonalds, if needed. Thanks again and enjoy your trip when you go. Oh...if I can ask yourselves and Maryjo, do you think 10 nights would be too long??? Or enough...thanks...Lara Evans

Surrey
reviews: 5
5. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Hi Lara,Looks like Chris and Sue have answered all your questions well, and buying a few bottles of plonk at Dubai airport (shop is beside where you pick up your luggage) is a must. When you get to your room, just ask for the mini bar to be emptied, and you now have your own fridge!I stayed at JB 2 years ago, and returned to Dubai this August. Stayed at the Al Qasr (part of Jumeirah International), just along the beach. Dont forget to wonder round the Madinat Souk and take a ride in a Abra boat along the waterways there.Lastly, 10 days is fine, you'll have a great time...i'm going back next year for sure...Regards, Gareth!

london
6. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Last year I stayed 10 days and this year only 7 days. Definitely wished I'd done 10 days!

London, England
7. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Thanks guys, very helpful....yep, it had all been the unknow before now. Last two beach hols were ALL INCLUSIVES in Bardados, and in Sept we went on a cruise from New York to Bahamas on the NCL "Dawn", so food included and the drinks extra weren't too bad ($600) for the week bar bill alone, ouch, he he !! Well you have to have a nice cold beer in the sun eh!! Set my heart on this hotel, thanks for the advise.....Lara

Derbyshire, England
8. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Lara

I agree with the rest of the converts, 10 days is fine, you'll spend half of them in the Wild Wadi water park next door,another half shopping, another half exploring and the rest just being spoilt. Its worth joining their loyalty scheme, Sirius via the Jumeirah web site, you collect points to use on your next visit ( you will be going back ). If you're flying emirates join their Skywards points scheme and save up for upgrades, offers etc.

Regards Chris&Sue

reviews: 5
9. Re: The Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Hi, we have stayed at this hotel a few times - drinks are relatively expensive especially wine - agree with previous person to pick up plonk at airport. These hotels don't do things by halves so its the best of everything. If you can afford the upgrade to executive club I would do it. You get free drinks, separate reception, whisked through the airport to your limo transfer, have afternoon tea PM, breakfast on the 15th floor and best of all a private beach away from the hoards of people - I have never seen an area of beach / poolside so packed..private beach is relaxing and feels relatively empty. The hotel is FABYou will love it - shopping wise. Go to City Mall for bargains, other Malls are top notch but expensive. Al Karama market area good for souveniers and shall we say faux goods. ENJOY!! Claire