We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisces - The last night

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, England
reviews: 5
Pisces - The last night

It never ceased to amase me that everytime you opened the doors to leave the hotel the heat hit you like a pan off a Tom and Jerry cartoon. I know you get used to the cool and comfortable temperature in your hotel and it is an extremity but it still amased me..................................every time.

We left the hotel and walked along to the souk for our last evening at Pisces.

As we entered the restaurant there was a huge ice sculpture in the middle of the room which was a letter 'W'. This represented Michel Roux's restaurant in London. It was fabulous, you know one of those things you looked at a lot.

As we were seated at a very good nosy table ..........................for those who don't know what I mean, it is a table where you can see pretty much everything so you can have a real good neb at what is going on around you.................................. I noticed that the restaurant had a real good buzz to it. The staff were obviously excited and nervous about this evening and also very proud to be part of it. We were given the menu and we sat back to read it............

Dinner

Terrine of foie gras and chicken breast coated in pistachio nuts, grapes marinated in ratafia.

(I didn't know what ratafia was.......... I could understand the rest)

Roasted scallops on a bed of sliced baby artichokes infused with orange, honey and lemon with lightly wilted roquette leaves sprinkled with crab.

(Mmmmm.....)

Poached fillets of sole with a mousse lightly flavoured with smoked salmon, served with brown shrimps, champagne sauce.

Rose Petal Sorbet

Then you had a choice between the next two dishes,

Roasted Challandais duck with lemon and thyme jus, potato and garlic mousseline. OR

Braised cheek of beef in Beaujolais "Michel Roux", garnished with the classic "grand-mere"

(I didn't know if it was b*tt cheek or mouth cheek so I asked)

(Don't you just love that word.......jus?)

Selection of six mouth watering desserts of Michel Roux.

Madinat Jumeirah selection of coffee, tea and petits fours.

The option was without wine at AED 395 or with wine at AED 580 and for those wine buffs out there this was the list,

Riesling Art Series, Leeuwin Estate, Margaret River, Australia.

Sauvignon Blanc, Cakebread Cellars, Napa Valley, USA.

Chablis Grand Cru, Bougros, Jean-Marc Brocard, France.

Rosso di Montalcino, Castello Banfi, Tuscany, Italy.

Brunello di Monatalcino, Catstello Banfi, Tuscany, Italy.

Sauvingnon Blanc, El Noble Boitrytis, Villard, Chile.

Fabulous.............................................

I went with the wine David went without. All the courses were taste explosions, every ingredient, every dish, every bit of effort and thought could be detected with every mouthful.

We both chose the beef which was exquisite and superbly done, the signature Michel Roux sauce that accompanied the beef really was fabulous. The six desserts were just the lightest of light things and all very different and all brilliant, you could taste every ingredient.

The meal was fantastic and to top it off Michel Roux came to have a chat with us twice during dinner which I was surprised at as I told him that his Son was better looking than he was...........I quickly told him I was only joking of course whilst rubbing his arm !!!!! He is of course very handsome.

The evening seemed to be a huge success and I urge anbody to go on the next Festival Of Taste in Dubai as it is well worth the trip and an unforgettable dining experience.

Last night in Khoubba Bar and we had a good laugh with the bar staff who I have to say are very very good at their jobs and all had a great sense of humour. Can't remember what time we got back to the room and to be honest I really didn't care.

We were collected the next day by Emirates and were really reluctant to leave, in fact that is a lie we were very very very reluctant to leave. Alas we had no choice so climed into the car with a ton weight of handbags and bode our farewells.

We checked in easily and got our cases wrapped which I think is a fantastic idea as I could wrap my Fendi wheeler and then check it through without a care about it getting damaged. (How high maintenance is that?)

We had a look at watches in duty free ..............of course........and then bought a few last bits then wandered off to the business class lounge.

The Emirates business class lounge is quite a nice one. There was a lot of food and drink and tons of places to chill out. To be honest we didn't have that long before we were called to board the flight.

The flight home was okay. The food again had run out and we were asked to share with the people in front of us, not impressed. My on demand movies didn't work and the crew didn't seem interested. The cabin by the way was not full so it wasn't as if they were attending to a full cabin, there was probably about 20 people in there. The most annoying thing of all was a boy about 13 years old came in from economy shortly after take off and stayed there being fed and watered until about twenty minutes before we landed where he took himself back to economy to his Mum and Dad. He knew a family who were travelling business class and he decided to travel that way too,but the cabin crew did absolutely nothing about it apart from serve him food and drinks. I found this disgraceful and I did ask Emirates when I got back why did I not just do that and pay a fifth of the fare. They offered me £100 worth of high street vouchers and said it should not have happened. I KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't the boys fault and he was completely well behaved it is the cabin crews fault but Emirates after numerous emails seem to think that their staff are flawless. Trust me they are not and not just because of this one incident but because of a few things I would never fly with them again.

We had a fabulous holiday and loved everything that we did. We both absolutely loved the Al Qasr and the whole of the Madinat Complex. We loved how extremely well trained the staff are, how clean the compelx is, how stunning the views are, how beautiful the fixtures and fittings are and how the whole complex comes alive at night and just shimmers and shines. Would I go back there again? Would I do anything different? Yes and Yes and if you have patience I will reveal all ...........take care xxx

leeds
reviews: 10
21. Re: Pisces - The last night

molly - thanks for some great reads!

22. Re: Pisces - The last night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 31, 2009