We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Exchange rate in Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 3
Current Exchange rate in Dubai

Hi

I was wondering if anybody knows the current (last few days) exchange rate at airport or mall for DHS. I have a few left over from last trip but trying to work out if its worth waiting until I get there to get some more?

thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Current Exchange rate in Dubai

The UAE dirham has a fixed exchange rate to the USD of 3.67 (avg.).

Current exchange rates can be found on various internet sites such as: www.xe.com/currencycharts/…

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
2. Re: Current Exchange rate in Dubai

Hi

I think you mean you have dirham left over from last time and not dollars

It's always a better exchange rate in Dubai on any given day so I'd be waiting till I got there to get some more, however, the pound is at a 12 month high against the dirham today - by the time you get to Dubai it may have fallen so, regrettably, as none of us has a crystal ball, it's your decision.

Change today in UK and potentially get more than you would in Dubai next Tuesday OR wait and get more in Dubai next Tuesday than you would in the UK.

If any of us knew the answer to the question of what will happen on the currency markets we'd be far too busy spending our many millions to look at TA and be sailing round the world on a big yacht

: )

London, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Current Exchange rate in Dubai

Got here a few days ago, best at airport was 5.85 dhirams to £1 i only changed a few

The best ive had around dubai is 5.95

Glenrothes, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Current Exchange rate in Dubai

Was in Dubai, mid Nov. When we got there, the rate was better than UK. It went up slightly each day, thankfully ! When we left, we got 5.8 to the £. This was in x change bureau in Mall of the Emirates. Good luck with the rates !

uk
5. Re: Current Exchange rate in Dubai

Got 5.94 yesterday at mall of Emirates

london
6. Re: Current Exchange rate in Dubai

thanks for your help everybody. i understand the rates can rise or fall i just wanted a daily comparison to see if i was better off here or there. From the answers on here the rates are still much better in Dubai and i have now saved the dubai airport exchange rate which today is showing as 6.03 the best i can get here today delivered is 5.88 so definately going to wait until i arrive next thursday morning.

7. Re: Current Exchange rate in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 12, 2014