We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Help Needed.

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 62
Birthday Help Needed.

My wife will be celebrating her birthday during our stay in Dubai (March 12th) and I am trying to put together a fun but relaxing (adult centric) day for her and I to enjoy.

My thought is a full day at a beach resort, including beach, spa and dinner. Price is not necessarily an object, but neither of us are much impressed with posh for the sake of posh, if you know what I mean. The beach has to be great, the spa great and the dinner great and be in a location that you can spend an entire day (10 - 22) without having a hotel room to escape to. It's also important that there be some sort of adult only aspect to the resort, i.e. not a family centric property.

My initial thought is Fairmont The Palm, with beach pass, a spa treatment, then off to dinner, before returning back to our hotel (Arabian Courtyard). Is it possible to remain at this property for this long without a room?

Are there other options one would recommend (I normally do this myself, but the diversity of Dubai is beyond overwhelming).

Again, it isn't about obsequious service, or over-the-top lavishness, it's about solid service, a quality environment and comfort.

ANY help greatly appreciated.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
1. Re: Birthday Help Needed.

They used to offer this sort of package at the Burj al Arab and back in the day it was really reasonable for what you got and the fact that it was the Burj BUT the price has rocketed in recent years and I'm not sure if they still offer it.

It is very, very lovely though and we spent an entire day with the morning on the beach, a late lunch and then a lovely spa treatment and swim in their infinity pool on the 18th floor with fabulous views over the city. We then used their facilities to shower and change, left our hand luggage bags with the desk and went for a late dinner at Segreto at the Madinat.

We were there from 10am till midnight. OK it's posh (and we're not) and a bit posh for the sake of posh too but it was totally lovely and an experience that we will all never forget. It was over the top lavishness but delivered with impeccable service, quality and comfort

So in short what you have planned is perfectly possible in several places, especially if they give you access to all of the spa facilities to shower and change.

If you've checked out Fairmont on the Palm and like what you see then I'd go for it. I would also check out if they offer a similar deal at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray as the spa there is without doubt the best spa I have ever been to anywhere in the world and there is a new hotel on the Palm called Anatara, they may offer a similar thing and that will have a nice spa too.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 62
2. Re: Birthday Help Needed.

Thanks Latimer. I'm going to check those out...at least somewhere to start in the dizzying array of options that is Dubai!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
3. Re: Birthday Help Needed.

No worries. I'm almost as excited about your holiday as you are. I was only wondering to myself the other day if you'd been yet but now I see you still have sleeps to count - looking forward to hearing what you think about it all when you've been.

Rumson, New Jersey
4. Re: Birthday Help Needed.

I am also planning a spa day while in Dubai. Funny, Latimer, I have the same birthday, March 12! I was in Dubai about year and half ago with my 13 yr old daughter and we booked the spa combo at the Burj. It was incredible. We arrive about lunch time, spent time at the beach, with wonderful pampering by the staff there, then returned to the spa to use the pool, etc facilities. We then each had massages (great) and then showered there and went the the included dinner package at Jensui. We were able to walk around the hotel before and after dinner, which was nice to see. I am returning by myself to Dubai for 4 days, on way home from trip to Africa in May. I plan another spa day, as this trip is my present for a milestone bday. It looks like they changed the package a little at the Burj, and now the massage includes tea, or possibly facial with dinner and around 950. I am contacting them to confirm use of the beach, as that is what I would really enjoy. I am also going to check out the spa noted above. Thank you for the info!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
5. Re: Birthday Help Needed.

As far as I know they have stopped the beach access part so dirham for dirham it really has devalued the package

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
6. Re: Birthday Help Needed.

Saw this and though of you. It will definitely be fabulous and different

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k67…

7. Re: Birthday Help Needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, yesterday