We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar (using Forex USD card) form ATM at Dubai airport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Dollar (using Forex USD card) form ATM at Dubai airport

Hi,

I have travel Forex card (USD card), can i withdraw dollar from ATM machine in Dubai transit airport?

Will it charge extra / service charge or exchange fees (unlikely as i am getting dollar using dollar card)

Can anyone have experience. looking for info urgently.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 34
1. Re: Dollar (using Forex USD card) form ATM at Dubai airport

You can't take dollars out of an ATM in Dubai - if you use your dollar card then you will get dirhams and the card will be debited for the equivalent dollar amount.

Bristol, United...
2. Re: Dollar (using Forex USD card) form ATM at Dubai airport

Agree with Latimer, however, would like to add that not all bank Forex cards will work at all ATMs abroad. I think you will have to confirm that from the bank or financial institution which is issuing you the card. You can always carry that old favourite aka travellers' cheques.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 34
3. Re: Dollar (using Forex USD card) form ATM at Dubai airport

I wouldn't take travellers cheques to Dubai. All of the exchange houses give a much poorer exchange rate for travellers cheques than they do for cash and you are better just taking cash or using an ATM, either with your own bank card or one loaded with your own currency that converts to whichever country you are in

4. Re: Dollar (using Forex USD card) form ATM at Dubai airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 21, 2014