We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

Hi

Going to Dubai in precisely 6 weeks for the start of our honeymoon and I can't wait! I check this forum daily for the regular updates and it is really useful and I have found answers to most of the questions that I had. However, one thing I can't seen to find is the answer to whether men are ok to wear open toe sandals to restaurants. We are staying at the Oasis Beach Hotel. Just need to know if we need to do anymore shopping (any excuse!). Are linen trousers smart enough for men in the evenings?? Thanks!

Bolton, England
reviews: 5
1. Re: Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

My other half wore a lot of linen trousers (not all at once I might add) and they were fine. Also a lot of the restaurants do say no to open toe sandals for men, okay for women but not men,but I did see a lot of men wearing them. David wore boat type shoes if you know what I mean, never trainers and we had no problems anywhere.

There was a lot better choice of linen trousers for men in Dubai than there was in Manchester so David bought a couple of pairs there too.

2. Re: Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:12 am, June 22, 2006
reviews: 23
3. Re: Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

Def agree with Mollie , my husband also stocked up on linen and some shops had sales on so he did qutie well, he also bought a lovely designer leather coat with a 75% discount on it.

Bolton, England
reviews: 5
4. Re: Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

BB

Unfortunately the national dress in Manchester is a Man United football top ...............yuk, not dry enough for flip flops even Armani ones....................... you did upset that lady didn't you BB?

5. Re: Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:12 am, June 22, 2006
Manchester
6. Re: Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

Thank you for your prompt replies, shopping here we come!

7. Re: Dress code- I have searched!! Promise!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 14, 2009