We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imperial Rooms at Atlantis The Palm

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staffordshire
reviews: 20
Imperial Rooms at Atlantis The Palm

My husband, me & our 13 year old daughter are considering a trip to Atlantis end of May. We have never been to Dubai before. Can anyone offer any advice on upgrading to the Imperial Rooms please? Is it worth the extra money? What do you actually get for the extra money? We want to go here for a week, with a little sightseeing but mainly to relax so not anticipating being out of the hotel all day every day. Thanks in advance.

New Delhi, India
reviews: 23
1. Re: Imperial Rooms at Atlantis The Palm

If you're looking to spend most / a lot of your time in the hotel, upgrading may be a good option.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 34
2. Re: Imperial Rooms at Atlantis The Palm

I would consider the upgrade for several reasons:-

You get some food presentations and free drinks for a couple of hours in the evening

I think Kids Club access is free for Imperial Club guests.

Atlantis is not convenient for anything else and so perhaps just as well you are not planning to sightsee. Also, because of its location, it seems to use that to overcharge for everything so drinks, snacks, eating there is extortionately expensive and to charge for the kids club when all the other hotels in Dubai don't is a rip off.

You can probably tell that I am not a fan and I think there are far better options for a cheaper and relaxing stay that will give you an opportunity to sightsee a bit more and won't need a second mortage to pay for the food and drink. People always come away from a holiday at Atlantis thinking that Dubai is a very expensive place to stay - it isn't.

Staffordshire
reviews: 20
3. Re: Imperial Rooms at Atlantis The Palm

Thanks Latimer, your post is really helpful. To be honest, I'm not entirely sold on Atlantis, we were also considering Jumeriah Beach Hotel. I did wonder if Atlantis was a bit 'gimmicky'. Don't want to be ripped off but also appreciate nice surroundings & good service sometimes come at a price.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 34
4. Re: Imperial Rooms at Atlantis The Palm

Good service is almost a given in Dubai - the service there is certainly better than most service I have experienced all over the world.

Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a good alterntaive option because not only do you have a great hotel but also free access to Wild Wadi water park, Sinbads Kids club and the whole Madinat complex just next door and a short buggy ride away. There are more than 40 places to eat in there and also several bars - it's still touristy price wise but at least you are closer to other areas of the city and can be at Mall of the Emirates in 10 mins by cab or shuttle for lots of cheaper eating out options and thing for your 13 year old to do.

Ditto for Dubai Mall, which has lots to do and more than 160 different places to eat from high end to cheap and cheerful

5. Re: Imperial Rooms at Atlantis The Palm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 17, 2014