We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sleeping in double room when not married

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keith, United...
reviews: 3
sleeping in double room when not married

My friend is planning to book a holiday with her boyfriend in dubai. Work colleagues mentioned to me today that you are not allowed to sleep in one double room if you are not married. Is that true?

Workington, United...
reviews: 8
1. Re: sleeping in double room when not married

Nope, no one will know they are not married unless they go round telling folk ..

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
2. Re: sleeping in double room when not married

Absolutely true what Dubaidrifter says. Thousands do it.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 26
3. Re: sleeping in double room when not married

And before you say 'but their passports are in different names'

It is common in many countries for women not to change their name - including most Arabic countries and Italy for example.

My surname is different to my husband's and it has never been an issue.

No one will know they are not married unless they tell them, they will just assume they are and refer to them as Mr First name and Mrs First name

4. Re: sleeping in double room when not married

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 06, 2014