We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen
reviews: 15
Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

We are heading to Dubai at the end of Feb and plan to take in a few tennis matches at the Dubai Duty Free tournament. Having looked at the website for tickets it seems very complicated, goes on about Prime A or B tickets among other things, does anyone know what are decent tickets to buy. We only want to see one or two matches so dont want the week ticket. It mentions some seats are free! Also how hard are the tickets to get. When following tennis throughout the world it is always a pain to pre book tickets then find out the players on the day are not your favourites. We would rather buy on the day. Although that isnt possible at most tournaments it seems the Dubai one is as popular as most and I wondered the likelihood of purchasing on the day or day before. Any advice appreciated.

Doha, Qatar
reviews: 1
11. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

Getting tickets is tough now. I tired online for 30mins and only realized that it was sold out after just 30mins. Bought it from a guy for a price though. If you need his contact do let me know, I can provide but not sure how many tickets and on which day he has remaining.

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 28
12. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

They really need to do something about the scalpers at this event.

It is all too easy in Dubai to use your spare slave/s to line-up for tickets several hours before the box office opens and then flog them (not the slave, the tickets) off the next day for 4 times the face value.

I'm not a huge tennis fan, but I still don't like to see the real fans being ripped off.

Doha, Qatar
reviews: 1
13. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

This is life Ben and how business work in UAE. If you have the demand, it come with a price.

I missed a chance to meet Nadal face to face with some tennis hit 2 years ago as one guy is selling his chance for 2000 AED which I did not take of course. Until now, I am still regretting on it. If seeing a idol of yours is a dream, then it is ok sometime to pay a price to fulfill the dream.

arlington, texas
reviews: 41
14. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

No way I would pay 2,000 AED to see any of my idols. I rather watch them in person real close on TV. Lol lol

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 28
15. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

Well I have to agree about Dubai having no shortage of crooks.

But I doubt that the Sheik would agree with this kind of profiteering.

Edited: 5:46 pm, February 21, 2013
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 3
16. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

Someone has posted an ad in Khaleej Times - Classified section, Miscellaneous category - today he has tickets to mens S/F and F, disposing off at actual cost as he cannot make it. Check it out if interested. Not sure if still available...

Dubai, United Arab...
17. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

Luckily I was able to watch the qtr finals & semifinals also , thanks to a kind lady who gave me the tickets since one of her family member didn't show up , good deeds pay off in the end , I had 3 extra tickets of India vs England cricket match at lords in 2009 t20 world cup , I gave them all to my fellow fans at the face value when those tickets were being sold for 3 times the face value . Only regret in Dubai open was to see the great Roger federer loosing in the semi against berdych despite having 3 match points in the second set .

18. Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 07, 2014