We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay with young kids aged 5 and 3. We don't need a kids club or babysitting but want to be on a beach. Also, we don't want anywhere that gets too packed out with other kids!

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
reviews: 1
1. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

We stayed at the Mina A'Salam, in a Premium Leisure Oceanview Room, room was wonderful, staff was terrific. Had separate lounge for breakfast, complimentary afternoon tea and happy hour. Mina is part of the Madinat Jumeriah, but the Premium Leisure Club made it feel small and intimate. We were there during Easter holidays, so a few families (British and Russian), but did not feel overrun by kids (like Jumeriah Beach Hotel seemed to be).

The Mina had a very small pool, with two lifeguards, and you are also 100 yards walk from the beach. No construction around, except for the cranes in the far distance, working at the Palm.

Would definately stay there again.

New York
reviews: 9
2. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

If ur going with kids, you can stay at any hotel I am not at.

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
reviews: 1
3. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

Let me add, the children we saw at the Mina were very well behaved, and not a problem at all.

Our children are in their teens, and we don't like hotels over run by unruly children, and I suspect the poster do not want that either.

Some children are taught to behave themselves in public.

Dubai, UAE
4. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

Jumeirah Beach Hotel seems to be the place families are heading these days, but kids are generally welcomed wherever they go here and fairly well catered for.

5. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:02 pm, May 03, 2006
London, United...
reviews: 25
6. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

There are hotels that revolve round kids and hotels that accomodate kids. From my observations the JBH is the former. The Mina may be what you are looking for as it seemed to be a hotel that accomodated them but was nt packed out with them- its also right on the beach. The Al Qasr when I stayed in Feb had very few children.

Norway
reviews: 6
7. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

We have stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel twice and Al Qasr once. Our children are older than yours, but both hotels are great choices for all age groups, young and old. Even though the JBH is a huge hotel, it never felt packed (and it has been fully booked both the times we have stayed there).They have several pools and a huge beach, and free entrance to Wild Wadi (the water park - lots of fun for young and "old"...).

At the Al Qasr Madinat they have a huge pool and beautiful beach, and the guests at Mina A'Salam can also use this pool (the Mina pool is quit small so some of the guests like the Al Qasr pool better...)

So I can recommend both JBH and the hotels in the Madinat complex.

Good luck :-)

Horne
8. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?

ff=872&geo=295424&scope=2&q=kids&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g295424-i872-Dubai.html&x=17&y=9

Paste the link all together (remove the break)

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 29
9. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

starstruck222. hahahahaha funny

Switzerland
10. Re: Dubai with young kids - where to stay?

To those who seem to have such a problem with children:

Why don't you go to an adult-only hotel or resort? There are places like that in the world! Isn't the Al Maha Desert Resort child-free? Well, then that's where you child-haters should go then.

If you go to a hotel like Mina or Al Qasr or whatever, even if it is a 5 star hotel, you just have to live with the fact that there will be children and/or teenagers. If you hate that thought, don't go there! Simple as that!

I agree that children in such a place have to behave and I suppose that parents who can afford to go to such a place are usually also people who teach their children how to behave in public.