We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should I pick up a cruise or just stay in Dubai?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ann arbor
reviews: 8
should I pick up a cruise or just stay in Dubai?

Royal Carribean has a 7 day cruise leaving from Dubai and going to Muscat, Fujairah, Abu Dhabi . I know you can to a day trip to

Abu Dhabit so is it worth to go on a big crusie ship to see these other places -- was thinking of doing a beach vacation in Dubai but want to see other places too

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 26
1. Re: should I pick up a cruise or just stay in Dubai?

It's a nice cruise. I did it myself in 2010 but combined it with a pre and post cruise stay.

The cruise ship is excellent and worth it to see Abu Dhabi and Muscat. Fujairah is a bit of a non event as there isn't much to see there so we stayed on the ship.

I have posted a reply with some other hotels for you to look at on your other post and if you can I would combine the cruise with a couple of days pre or post cruise to see a bit more of Dubai.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
2. Re: should I pick up a cruise or just stay in Dubai?

I'd agree with Latimer as I too did the cruise in the same year, but different month. Abu Dhabi is worth a visit as is Muscat which I thought was wonderful and as I now understand stops overnight there instead of porting at Bahrain. Fujairah is a useless port of call and many people simply stay on ship here.

I suppose at the end of the day you may have to weigh up the pros and cons. You are already planning to fly out to Dubai so would it be cheaper to cruise for a week or stay in a good hotel in Dubai and perhaps travel into Abu Dhabi.

Do look for other cruise ships that sail around this area as RCCL are not the only one. I personally found the food below standard to other cruises that we had been on and very repetitive. Do be aware that the cost of alcohol is absolutely extortionate on the ship and you are not allowed to take your own on board.

ann arbor
3. Re: should I pick up a cruise or just stay in Dubai?

its appears that most us tour companies have just Dubai as a destination and the only other option is a cruise-----is it worth it to pick up a land tour from Dubai to see Muscat-----anything of interest between the 2 places?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 26
4. Re: should I pick up a cruise or just stay in Dubai?

That's not true you can two centre with many companies - Kuoni for example - and you would fly between Muscat and Dubai.

Dubai is a 5 hour drive from Muscat so it's not possible to do a land tour in one day and there is not much of interest between the two places apart from desert and some mountains.

5. Re: should I pick up a cruise or just stay in Dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2013